Search results

1. I

What to do for stay at home work?

I love to teach but it's hard when I'm sick. I don't like to be around preschool age kids and get really tired. I am curious to know what kind of stay at home work there is that I can do without getting scammed or spend an x amount of money.
  2. I

Coughing up blood

Thanks for the article!
  3. I

always sick :(

Try doing exercise. Work up to 30 minutes. I do my best between hospital stays. Eat right. Do things that make u happy. Odd thing but do anything to lift yourself is happy.
  4. I

Coughing up blood

I hardly ever cough up blood. I have been on Ivs for 9 days and improving. I just started cayston again. Tonight I coughed up blood for a couple of minutes and that was the only time. What does this mean? Do I need to call the doc?
  5. I

Coughing alot but no need for hospital. need tips/ advice on how to control it.

I am in almost in need of a lung transplant. I don't use oxygen at home because my doctor said i don't need it and my oxygen level is still high when they do the 6 minute test. my lung functions are between 27- 30%. My problem is the weather here doesn't help my coughing. One day it is 84...
  6. I

Something a relative said to me at a wedding -- cried myself to sleep

I know his you feel. Others mean well but don't realize how they come across. Unfortunately these words stick with us and Alter relationships. I was trying to express my worries and concerns about transplant testing. My friend came across as being uncompassionate and point out all the things I...
  7. I

Pleas help! Need to switch jobs to be healthier

I'm on disability. I live at home with parents who are retired and now on a fixed income. They would help if needed but I would rather not since they have a limited income. I know I can't work after transplant but who know when that is. I would like to work so I can have money in the bank later...
  8. I

Having a relationship with someone with Cystic Fibrosis

Ask her questions. Talk about what you and her feel about anything and everything. Respect her feelings when she doesn't want company while she is sick. But when she does want company bring her a little something to make her smile like a little movie you two enjoy. Take baby steps with each...
  9. I

Pleas help! Need to switch jobs to be healthier

I am very close to having to a lung transplant. I got all the testing done to get prepared. Now it is a wait and see. The doc dropped a bombshell and recommended that I don't teach preschoolers any more due to all the sickness and my low resistance to fight off bugs. I know this will help me be...
  10. I

Have a little fun question for your worst day being hospitalized

How long do you do your Iv meds?
  11. I

Have a little fun question for your worst day being hospitalized

what is the worst day of doing hospital/iv meds? is your least favorite day your the first day of being admitted to the hospital. being released from the hospital to do home ivs or the last day of your iv meds? Why?
  12. I

what to do when i get frustrated/sad/discouraged

Guess I made me sound worse than I really am . I have talked to conselers and physiocist in the past And they said I have a good grip on things. I guess my point is that I get frustrated because when I finally get my energy back I get an infection. I'm sick of the whole rinse and repeat thing bc...
  13. I

On the per issue, having a pet is discouraged for those who are close to a long transplant for sanitary reasons.
  14. I

I know my parents want to do anything for me and have discussed my thoughts about spending their money on me. I can't stop feeling guilty and thankful. I feel guilty that they spend their limited income on me and they need that money for them if anything happens.
  15. I

How do you make money then if you aren't working? I hate the feeling that my parents are spending their retirement funds on me. They should spend their money but on them. Their budget is for them two not three people. I love to work. It is what gets me up out of bed!
  16. I

Since I'm so close to needing a transplant, I have been doing more hospital rounds and Iv rounds at home. I have done the iv rounds about 15 times in about 2 1/2 years. once i start getting my work and social life together along with my strength, i get sick again. I'm getting...
  17. I

doctor visits feel like a fight. something always happens. what is your visits like?

your experience is what i am looking for. every visit seems to be a stressful event because of something i said in earlier post or like what you go through. i am thinking why does every visit have to end up in with something gone wrong or i have to be on top of a situation or whatever. doctor...
  18. I

doctor visits feel like a fight. something always happens. what is your visits like?

Does anyone feel like they "fight the system" everytime they go? I always think things go wil go smoothly but they don't. Here is what i am talking about. i just get so tired of dealing with trying to do everything. My latest appointment i pent 8 hours with medical appointment and traffic. saw a...
  19. I

The earliest signs of infection?

I don't know how to explain this. I'm not sick but I feel like I'm going to get sick. It's like the beginning of an infection. Ie I'm starting to feel tired and not hungry. It's getting harder to breathe. It's like a warning sign that i am going to get sick at any time but I cAnt call the doc bc...