Search results

1. J

What happened to the annual CF conference in Jersey City?

I went a few years ago and thought it was wonderful
  2. J

Bad breath

Good morning. Just wondering if seriously bad breath in my 17 yo daughter might be a sign of a brewing infection? Something I should mention to her dr. At our next visit? Or should I call it in?
  3. J

Looking at colleges for my CFer

What should I be looking for? Anything I should be on the lookout for? Hints?
  4. J

Toni and Cipro

daughter just started Tobi and 750mg of Cipro. has persistant cough for a few weeks. the question I have is that now she has a very sore throat. 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. no fever. sore throat is mentioned in the documentation the pharmacist said one of the side effects of this high a dose...
  5. J

Snow shoveling

I sent my DD out to shovel snow. I know I was in a sweat after only 10 minutes and we were out there for 45 mins or so. I'm thinking this could replace her vest therapy for at least one session a day similar to when she has soccer or lacrosse. thoughts?
  6. J

Pancreas removal

My SIL was telling me about a child in her daughter's school who was scheduled to have his pancreas removed? never heard of this? why would they do it?
  7. J

Facebook

which one do you belong to?
  8. J

CF Conference in Jersey City NJ

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cflearningcenter.com ">http://www.cflearningcenter.com </a> anyone going? do you think it would be worthwhile? thoughts?
  9. J

AP article : Testing curbs some genetic diseases

to paraphrase the article from the Associated Press ...Now, more women are being tested as part of routine prenatal care, and many end pregnancies when diseases are found. One study in California found that prenatal screening reduced by half the number of babies born with the severest form of...
  10. J

Great Strides

was told this is not a good idea because other CFers could also be there even though it is outside. thoughts?
  11. J

Sputum Culture

I was with my daughter and her annual Pediatric check up. This pediatrician is affiliated with CHOP, where her CF center is located, so he has access to some of the lab tests. While he was searching for a Cholesterol test we had done with her annual bloodwork, I noticed the Sputum culture from...
  12. J

Chlorella

Chlorella was recently recomended to me. anyone have any info? any good sites to use for research? --Debbie
  13. J

Medic Alert Bracelets

saw this topic in Adults with CF. anyone believe it would be useful for me to get my daughter some sort of Medic Alert bracelet for CF? haven't seen them advertised or recommended. thoughts? --Debbie.
  14. J

10% Sodium Chloride solution

any updates on the availability of the 10% sodium chloride? I found a small pharmacy nearby that had some in stock but the last I heard there wasn't even an ETA on delivery. WHAT'S UP?
  15. J

Help me work this out

Jess has a friend who has invited her to her beach house from Saturday thru Wednesday. Her usual routine included 2 vest therapies a day 1 with HTS and Pulmozyme 1 with HTS only. she'll do therapy before she leaves on Saturday (for as long as I can get her to sit still, but at least 45 minutes...
  16. J

Damage Control

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20071354/">http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20071354/</a>
  17. J

Clinic visit

Clinic visit tomorrow. Due to schedule conflicts and other problems it's been over 4 months. what are good questions to ask? thoughts on bone density scan? hearing test? what's the difference between FVC and FEV1 or FEV1/FVC? what am I missing? --Debbie.
  18. J

Fecal Fat collection

This site has been sooooo helpful. hopefully this is a quick question. we have an appointment on Tuesday 7/31. the Dr. requested a Fecal Elastase evaluation. for this we need a stool sample, but I misplaced my instructions. I do have the 'hat', sample jar and a few wooden tongue depressors...
  19. J

Allergies

anyone know anything about Sublingual immunotherapy vs Allergy shots? Allergy shots require weekly visits to the Dr. Sublingual therapy is 6 drops under her tongue every day at home, BUT NOT covered by insurance. thoughts? Thanks Debbie
  20. J

Teacher 'outed' my daughter!

Jess was hospitalized last November. this wasn't a secret. several of her classmates live on our street. What we came to find out after she returned to school was that her 6th grade homeroom teacher informed the class that Jess was in the hospital because she had CF. We're not sure of the...