Search results

1. T

Breast enlargement?

I've had my implants for about 14 years with no problems. I've also had a double lung transplant for 6 years and doing great! My implants have never caused any problems at all. I didn't get large ones though, I just got enough to look normal instead of having nothing.
  2. T

Gastroparesis and Cystic Fibrosis - Looking for Answers

I've had a lot of problems with gastroparesis since I had 2 stomach surgeries. Lots of pain and trips to the ER too. I take Omeprazole and Domperidone....which have actually helped some. I also realized I became lactose intollerant so that was causing a lot of bloating and pain. I try to stay...
  3. T

survival rate of double lung transplants

508 is the most common mutation! You are lucky to have that one b/c the med they are doing trials on is for the 508 mutation. I also have that one! I hope there is going to be a cure by that time but no one knows. This new med though sounds like it will be a HUGE help! I already had a transplant...
  4. T

Any Good CF Doctors in Florida?

I used to live in Orlando and saw Dr. Layish. I did not like my experience with him or the hospital there. For example: One time I was having a hard time breathing and the nurse put me on oxygen which I had never been on before in the 5 years I had been going there. Dr. Layish never even...
  5. T

Any Good CF Doctors in Florida?

I used to live in Orlando and saw Dr. Layish. I did not like my experience with him or the hospital there. For example: One time I was having a hard time breathing and the nurse put me on oxygen which I had never been on before in the 5 years I had been going there. Dr. Layish never even...
  6. T

Dying Hair after Transplant

Wondered if anyone has died their hair after their transplant. I know the meds can thin out your hair and that has happened to me some so I don't want to make it worse by dying it. I've dyed it for so long though b/c I hate my hair color and it has been growing out and really want to redye it.
  7. T

Wondered if anyone has died their hair after their transplant. I know the meds can thin out your hair and that has happened to me some so I don't want to make it worse by dying it. I've dyed it for so long though b/c I hate my hair color and it has been growing out and really want to redye it.
  8. T

9. T

ARe you sure it is worth it?

I posted on someone else's a longer post about if it's worht it if you wanna check out the long version, hehe. Yes, it is worth it!! I had a rough time after transplant with many setbacks and surgeries and I can still say that it is worth it. I'm doing much better and can do so much and not be...
  10. T

I posted on someone else's a longer post about if it's worht it if you wanna check out the long version, hehe. Yes, it is worth it!! I had a rough time after transplant with many setbacks and surgeries and I can still say that it is worth it. I'm doing much better and can do so much and not be...
  11. T

12. T

Pre-transplant depression

Pre-transplant with jitters, depression, low self confidence What you are feeling is normal. I found that meeting or talking with other CF lung transplant girls around my age at the same hospital helped a lot. The doctors gave me names and even asked the other girls to give me a call. Sites...
  13. T

Pre-transplant with jitters, depression, low self confidence What you are feeling is normal. I found that meeting or talking with other CF lung transplant girls around my age at the same hospital helped a lot. The doctors gave me names and even asked the other girls to give me a call. Sites...
  14. T

15. T

Getting very down about transplant

I had bad bugs too and they had to send it off somewhere to find a combination or drugs that together would work. I too had the blues and was sooo depressed while waiting. I was put on tube feedings b/c of aspirating into my lungs so I wasn't even allowed to eat or drink anything until I had...
  16. T

I had bad bugs too and they had to send it off somewhere to find a combination or drugs that together would work. I too had the blues and was sooo depressed while waiting. I was put on tube feedings b/c of aspirating into my lungs so I wasn't even allowed to eat or drink anything until I had...
  17. T

18. T

Moonface side effects question!!!

Yea, I'd have to agree. I absolutely hate my moonface but I never had a slender face except maybe when I was down to 88 lbs before TX. I worried about the side effects a lot before TX too. But, as some others have said, after TX, I'm really not as bothered by it. Yea I don't like it but it...
  19. T

Yea, I'd have to agree. I absolutely hate my moonface but I never had a slender face except maybe when I was down to 88 lbs before TX. I worried about the side effects a lot before TX too. But, as some others have said, after TX, I'm really not as bothered by it. Yea I don't like it but it...
  20. T