Search results

1. T

Antibiotics and Probiotics

I'm finding the zithromax maintenance dose of 500mg three times a week is giving me recurring vaginal yeast infections, about every 6 to 12 weeks. Does anyone take the supplement, acidophilus everyday? And if so, how much do you take? How many times a day do you take it? When I'm on IV...
  2. T

CFRI Teen and Adult Day Retreat August 3-8, 2008

I want to share something with everyone here because recently in chat it's dawned on me, not many people know about this. I grew up going to the CFRI's Cystic Fibrosis summer camp. I looked forward to it every year when I was a kid. What many people don't know is, it's still going on! It's...
  3. T

Forteo, Reclast or Other Osteoporosis Treatment

I was just informed my DEXA scan has showed increased bone loss. I still have osteoporosis and my CF doc has recommended I visit with my primary care physician to discuss different treatment for my osteoporosis. I'm currently on Boniva and it's no longer increasing my bone density. Does anyone...
  4. T

New Compressor

I'm looking to buy a small portable nebulizer compressor. I've heard about the Pari Trek and the Pari Pro Neb Ultra II. Is there any reason I can't use the Trek for 3+ hours a day at home? And of course it would be small enough to pack for a vacation as well. What kind of compressor do you...
  5. T

I'm Out Of Ideas...

I've had a rough two years. They haven't been horrible but I can't seem to get out from under "infection" stage. I go on IVs, I feel better, my cough is near nil, I go off IVs and less than two weeks later, my PA is "flaring up" again. I try and ride it out sometimes, other times I hit it with...
  6. T

New Bacteria For Me

I just got the results of my most recent sputum culture taken about 10 days ago. I had no PA, which is weird, but I had a new (for me) gram negative bacteria called Aeromonas salmonicida. Has anyone cultured this before? This is the first time myself and my doctor have seen this one. I did a...
  7. T

Travel Oxygen - Choices?

This year, I started wearing oxygen at night. My first travels are planned in one month. Guess what, my insurance does not provide oxygen travel arrangements. When I travel I become a self-pay patient. The good news for me is that I only require 2-3 Liters of O2 at night, say, up to 12 hours...
  8. T

What is your predicted FEV1?

I had an appointment for an exacerbation on Monday. I've been given some oral antibiotics and should be good to go in a few days, I hope. But my question stems from my PFT. The doctor's office used to have my predicted FEV1 at 3.19L. I noticed everytime I went to clinc my predicted was lower...
  9. T

Bonnie?

Has anyone heard from Bonnie in the last couple days? Bonnie, if you're out there, let us know how you're doing. I hope bedrest is treating you well.
  10. T

How to Request Ambry Full Panel

I have CF myself and I have 2.5 year old twins. 7 years ago my husband was tested for the CF gene, 26 mutations I believe, and it came back negative. I was satisfied with that and went ahead to pursue a family with him. It wasn't until I got to this forum a couple months ago that I learned...
  11. T

Kelly - Ultrasound

Hi Kelly, Did you have your ultrasound today already? I'm anxiously awaiting an update from you. I hope you got to see a beautiful sac in there....or two???? My first u/s wasn't until 6.5 weeks when there were heartbeats. I'm surprised they are going to peek in this early, but I always welcomed...