Search results

1. P

Alternative medicine - Aspergillus

It took my son, Nathan, almost a year and a half of ulternating between itraconazole and fuconazole before he finally stopped growing the aspergillis. We had been free of it for a little more than 2 years and we just found out 2 days ago that he is growing another fungus, tricosporon...
  2. P

It took my son, Nathan, almost a year and a half of ulternating between itraconazole and fuconazole before he finally stopped growing the aspergillis. We had been free of it for a little more than 2 years and we just found out 2 days ago that he is growing another fungus, tricosporon...
  3. P

4. P

Anyone Live in or Near Lafayette, LA? Considering Relocating!

Thanks All!!! It sounds like LA is a good place for people with CF. We have seen the same doc since Nathan was 3 weeks old so this shall be a big adventure for the both of us! I was in Lafayette for 4 days interviewing and loved the city and the WEATHER!! It was awesome. Though I hear it...
  5. P

Thanks All!!! It sounds like LA is a good place for people with CF. We have seen the same doc since Nathan was 3 weeks old so this shall be a big adventure for the both of us! I was in Lafayette for 4 days interviewing and loved the city and the WEATHER!! It was awesome. Though I hear it...
  6. P

7. P

Considering relocating to Lafayette, LA and wondering about life for CFer's in the area. I think that there is a CFF chapter in Baton Rouge and the center is in Sherveport? Does anyone know? Does anyone know any of the docs here? Any recommendations? We are considering going to the adult...
  8. P

Considering relocating to Lafayette, LA and wondering about life for CFer's in the area. I think that there is a CFF chapter in Baton Rouge and the center is in Sherveport? Does anyone know? Does anyone know any of the docs here? Any recommendations? We are considering going to the adult...
  9. P

10. P

Nathan's Bronch and Admission

Yikes, this was a tough one. He woke up coughing his head off and vomitting, never done that before with a bronch. Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his lungs look...
  11. P

Yikes, this was a tough one. He woke up coughing his head off and vomitting, never done that before with a bronch. Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his lungs look...
  12. P

13. P

14. P

Yikes, this was a tough one. He woke up coughing his head off and vomitting, never done that before with a bronch. <br /> <br />Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his...
  15. P

Nathan Updated

Hi all, I missed everyone in Chat agian tonight, so I thought I would post an update on the kiddo (don't tell him I called him a kiddo, I will be in Major big trouble). So, he lost over 5 lbs. so once again we are going the wrong way with his weight. Since he has had a cough for over 2 months...
  16. P

Nathan Updated

Hi all, I missed everyone in Chat agian tonight, so I thought I would post an update on the kiddo (don't tell him I called him a kiddo, I will be in Major big trouble). So, he lost over 5 lbs. so once again we are going the wrong way with his weight. Since he has had a cough for over 2 months...
  17. P

Nathan Updated

18. P

Nathan Updated

19. P

Nathan Updated

Hi all, <br />I missed everyone in Chat agian tonight, so I thought I would post an update on the kiddo (don't tell him I called him a kiddo, I will be in Major big trouble). <br />So, he lost over 5 lbs. so once again we are going the wrong way with his weight. <br />Since he has had a cough...
  20. P

FLU - Should I or Shouldn't I?

Ok, I see lots of concern and I have been debating myself all day long on whether or not I should or shouldn't call Nathan's doctor to find out if I should be keeping him out of school until this passes. Do any of you know what the CF Centers are recommending? Is that just being way over...