Search results

1. M

Just Married! (Pictures included)

Congratulations! Beautiful photos!
  2. M

SSI after transplant

Has anyone been successful retaining SSI/Medicaid benefits post transplant? We're four years out and although the surgery was successful, my son's is experiencing other complications--diabetes, multiple skin cancers, gall bladder removal, low weight and pulmonary function levels that are stable...
  3. M

Texas centers

I live in North Texas but have visited San Antonio a few times. Don't know too much about the centers but I'm guessing Houston is the best of the three. Prepare yourself to deal with some very hot weather and a very active allergy season. My son drinks lots of Gatorade in the summer to keep his...
  4. M

Rude Hospital Nurses

As for the rude nurse...report her, report her, report her. She is there to do her job and not judge you. The remark, "I can see why you can't manage him at home" would have sent me right out the door and looking for the charge nurse. As for Bill's opinion, ignore it. Even if a person is dealing...
  5. M

Centers in TX

To message me, I think you just hit the private message icon. That should work. I'll try to message you. We'll see if that works. joan
  6. M

Airline travel

To be on the safe side, I'd also suggest a letter from the doctor. You may not have any trouble at all at one airport and run into problems at another. And be prepared for your child to go through a thorough search. That is what we encountered. joan
  7. M

Centers in TX

Baylor in Dallas is now doing more transplants with CF patients than in the past. UT Southwestern has a longer history with CF transplants. Children needing lung transplants are sent to Houston. Message me and I'll give you more information. joan
  8. M

Centers in TX

Baylor in Dallas is now doing more transplants with CF patients than in the past. UT Southwestern has a longer history with CF transplants. Children needing lung transplants are sent to Houston. Message me and I'll give you more information. joan
  9. M

CF and Hair Loss in Women??

In my opinion, it's probably related to the diagnosis and not the disease itself. Hair can fall out from stress. I would go to a dermatologist to rule out anything else then talk to someone to ease your anxiety. joan
  10. M

CF and Hair Loss in Women??

In my opinion, it's probably related to the diagnosis and not the disease itself. Hair can fall out from stress. I would go to a dermatologist to rule out anything else then talk to someone to ease your anxiety. joan
  11. M

Second Child??

I wouldn't listen to some of the negative posts here. Some people just live life with the glass half empty and they want everyone else to do the same. Do what your heart tells you to do. No one is born with a lifetime guarantee or a guarantee of perfect health. Hope for the best. Prepare for the...
  12. M

Second Child??

I wouldn't listen to some of the negative posts here. Some people just live life with the glass half empty and they want everyone else to do the same. Do what your heart tells you to do. No one is born with a lifetime guarantee or a guarantee of perfect health. Hope for the best. Prepare for the...
  13. M

PLEASE READ - I really need help

Hopefully, the hospital where the CF center is located has an emergency room. Go there. They have to treat you and if you're sick enough (sounds like you are) they should admit you. I'm sure the ER drs would bring in the CF team at that point. I wouldn't wait.
  14. M

PLEASE READ - I really need help

Hopefully, the hospital where the CF center is located has an emergency room. Go there. They have to treat you and if you're sick enough (sounds like you are) they should admit you. I'm sure the ER drs would bring in the CF team at that point. I wouldn't wait.
  15. M

Diagnosed as an adult

Yes. Linda is correct. If one of your biological children isn't even a carrier, there is no way you could have CF yourself. If you had CF, you would always pass on the defective gene to offspring. With someone who is a carrier, there's a 50/50 chance of passing on the gene. joan
  16. M

Diagnosed as an adult

Yes. Linda is correct. If one of your biological children isn't even a carrier, there is no way you could have CF yourself. If you had CF, you would always pass on the defective gene to offspring. With someone who is a carrier, there's a 50/50 chance of passing on the gene. joan
  17. M

Please help me (husband needs transplant)

My son received his double lung transplant in May, 2011. He has done very well and is now running, going to school and busy all the time. His recovery went more quickly than I thought it would. BTW, he was 21 at the time of the operation with lung function at 19 %. I understand your anxiety but...
  18. M

Please help me (husband needs transplant)

My son received his double lung transplant in May, 2011. He has done very well and is now running, going to school and busy all the time. His recovery went more quickly than I thought it would. BTW, he was 21 at the time of the operation with lung function at 19 %. I understand your anxiety but...
  19. M

post transplant lifestyle

My son has not had to do any breathing treatments since transplant and his only food restriction is no raw fish (sushi.)
  20. M

post transplant lifestyle

My son has not had to do any breathing treatments since transplant and his only food restriction is no raw fish (sushi.)