Search results

1. H

I'm in the hospital

well, after five years of being in generally good health, they decided to "lock me up" my last two weeks of summer vacation, right before my senior year! There's a new thing this time though, MRSA. does anyone else have it? I guess it doesn't really affect me, however in will keep me in...
  2. H

Glucose test

I have to take an oral glucose test friday, and dah, i'm NOT AT ALL looking forward to it. Has anyone else ever done these? What do you guys do for the four hours...?
  3. H

Drunk Driving

Today marks the third friend i have lost in the last 3 months. Two to CF, and the last, drunk driving (not them, someone else)... i know i probably don't have to say this, but even if your "buzzed" call a cab...you could save someone's life.
  4. H

"SIKO"

I haven't read all 55 responces from my last point, but i've read most of them, and i have to tell you, I did not think this would be such a debated topic! I've noticed treands in the responces, let me guess... pretty much all of you have health insurance, right? No offence, but i think its...
  5. H

"SIKO"

The new Michael Moore film SIKO is about how crappy our health care system in america really is. I recomend it to everyone, especially us. Now that i'm turning 18, and i'll be going to college, universal health care is becomming more and more important to me, and it should be for everyone...
  6. H

College

I recently found out that CF is on one of the "lists" the colleges have as a disability... those with disabilties are more likely to get in that someone healthy cuz the college has to meet a certin diversity requirement. Did any of you use this to your advantage? Did it affect how the college...
  7. H

Rant

ummm.... so i just can't take the fact taht i'm okay with the idea of dying in about 20 years... I know what ur thinking "there will be tons of medical advances by the time you turn 36.4 years of age" but my 23 year old friend just died of CF, he didn't even make it to the "life expectancy"...
  8. H

Make a Wish

Have you, your child or anyone else w/ CF ever done this? What did you guys wish for??
  9. H

"read (about) me"

I'm not really looking for encouraging poasts back, i'm just venting, of all people you guys will get what i'm talking about. So, everyone has to admit, these sites at time can be a bit depressing... Its this site that reminds me most that i'm not "normal", i have something extra on my plate...
  10. H

Stem Cell Research

Hi, I'm Hannah and I've recently become a member here. I'm 17 and have had CF all my life. I've taken a great interest in science over the past couple of years, and hope to pursue a career in biotechnology, with emphesis on stem cell research and genetic engeneering. For anyone who doesn't know...
  11. H

Stem Cell Research

Hi, I'm Hannah and I've recently become a member here. I'm 17 and have had CF all my life. I've taken a great interest in science over the past couple of years, and hope to pursue a career in biotechnology, with emphesis on stem cell research and genetic engeneering. For anyone who doesn't know...