Search results

1. K

CF Caregivers Survey

If there are any CF CAREGIVERS out there that want to earn $150 for a 90 minute survey, please let me know! You have to be willing to go to NYC on Monday, June 10th sometime between 7am - 8:30pm for the survey. Thanks!!
  2. K

Fundraising

Hi guys! My 30th birthday is approaching, and to celebrate this entrance into CF senility (just kidding, I am extremely fortunate to be seeing this decade!), I wanted to raise some $$ for CF. I'm thinking of doing Great Strides and putting together a team. This part is easy. I also wanted to...
  3. K

Croup & Christmas

<div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: left; ">Hi guys!<div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: left; "><br><div style="color...
  4. K

Advance Respiratory

Hey guys, My RT asked me to volunteer for this video for Advance Respiratory magazine on airway clearance for busy adult CFers... Just thought I'd share! (I'm about 2 minutes in) Kris <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge...
  5. K

Sinuses...

Hi guys, Ok - I'm sort of a sinus newbie. I've always had sinus issues technically - I had a CT scan 10 years ago, and the Dr said I was bascially breathing through a pinhole. I've never felt pressure and pain before though... until this past year. It seems every time that I am off...
  6. K

Looking for CF Article...

Hey guys!, I've been trying to find this article for a while now, and I figured before spending another few hours googling, I should check with you all!! I've seen articles published in 1989 or soon thereafter when they discovered the gene responsible for CF that talked about a cure being...
  7. K

You know you're an adult with CF when...

Hi guys, Ok - I know this topic was done before - but I wondered if anyone had ideas for some with an adult slant? Like in regards to marriage? Career? Wedding? Even parenthood? I may use a top 10 list for a talk I'm doing, so don't share or warn me if you don't want me to use your ideas...
  8. K

AZLI Advocacy

Hi guys - Received this email from the CFF today (as I'm sure many of you did). I'm sure a lot of you would like to send a letter. I'm going to send it off to my friends and family to write on my behalf as well.... Kris Dear Advocate, Have you or someone you know had a personal...
  9. K

Diagnosing CFRD

Hey guys, I know there has been a lot of CFRD talk lately, and I've been reading it all and really appreciate some of the links that people have posted. I still have a lot of questions when it comes to this topic - but it seems like the medical profession doesn't have cfrd totally figured out...
  10. K

Cystic Fibrosis Prayer

Hi guys, I read this passage in an article in the Irish Examiner about the recent funeral of Siobhan Ryan: Curate, Fr Anthony McSweeney, who recited the Cystic Fibrosis Prayer, said while her life was too short, Siobhán was an inspiration to her family and many others. This makes it sound...
  11. K

CF Donation Wedding Favors

Hi guys, First of all, I'm engaged! For about two weeks now... I'm still in a bit of a state of shock. We still haven't set a date or anything; but I've already begun thinking about wedding favors... ha. In leiu of favors, my cousin donated money to the American Cancer Society in honor of...
  12. K

Lung Transplant Criteria

I know the other thread was closed; but I wanted to discuss some of the odd things that you can be denied transplant for. It alarmed me to read the part about narcotic use that nick9742 posted. I have a CF related arthritis that once in a while flares up, and makes my entire body so...
  13. K

Help - Stroke Like?

Hi everyone, I'm a bit freaked out right now and was wondering if anyone could help me. For those of you that don't know I am 25 w/CF, dx at 3 mos. I have slight CFRD, CFRA, and Hypothyroidism. I haven't been having a great winter between the arthritis and hemoptosis. I've been having...
  14. K

Hemoptosis

Hey guys, I have a question I was hoping someone could help with. I have occassional bleeds -- not a big deal. Sometimes in the fall they come more frequently than other seasons, I imagine because it is so dry. I've never coughed up enough to need to go to the ER. Lately though, it seems...
  15. K

Jeans for Genes Day

Hey guys, First, a huge thank you to everyone who gave me travel advice on my recent business trip to Singapore and Australia! Uli -- you were spot on with the dogs in Australia -- I didn't have any food, and didn't get searched. Moxie1 -- Both hotels had a hot pot, so I was able to boil my...
  16. K

Travel - Help!

Hi all, I feel horribly trite for posting this message after crying my eyes out for a bit reading the last few threads. But, I do need some advice, and if I'm going to get good advice - here is the place. At the end of this week I am travelling on business for one week and going to Singapore...