Search results

1. S

Handy remedy for more-than-usual-irritating CF cough

I was sitting at my desk at work today next to a row of colleagues. At first it was just a trickle in the throat...then cough-cough...cough-cough-cough! You know the one. The more you suppress it, the more it comes. Years ago I had a building project happening at my house - one of the...
  2. S

Fabric antibacterial mask recommendations

Hi all, Do any of you use fabric masks instead of the disposable paper surgical masks that are uncomfortable and difficult to breathe through. I am talking about any situation when you'd normally wear one, e.g. going to clinic, flying on plane etc. Which brands have you found to be comfortable...
  3. S

Sauna and CF

Hi all, anyone with Sauna-ing experience? I recently started looking into Saunas for overall health benefits, such as improved circulation, reduced inflammatory muscle/joint pain, increased white cells (immune system) etc. I'm referring to the dry saunas with the hot rocks as used in Finland...
  4. S

Ideas welcome: organizing tablets and capsules in a sensible way

Medication is taking over my kitchen! Boxes and bottles of pills are collecting on the counter, driving me crazy and I need to do a clean-up. Before I start, I need some fresh ideas on how to organize oral medications. Goals: 1) Easy to store, and out of sight (and thus protected from heat etc)...
  5. S

Top remedies or tools for CF related ailments

I always recommend that CF patients follow the standard, approved CF treatments as prescribed by their medical team. However even with the prescribed treatments, I regularly experience ailments that fall outside of the normal acutely sick symptoms. Often it is a general lethargy or body...
  6. S

Announcement: Portable Genomics and CFTechnology.org Partnership

A new blog was just posted, announcing the very exciting Portable Genomics and CFTechnology.org partnership. The partnership will enable cystic fibrosis patients to better collect, manage and share important biometrics with caregivers, researchers and the pharmaceutical industry. "Portable...
  7. S

Miracle Flights: free medically-related air travel for ill patients, including CF

Hi everyone, we posted a new blog earlier this week after speaking with Brooke Freeman, the Community Outreach Officer at Miracle Flights. "Miracle Flights is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free commercial airline tickets to seriously ill, low income patients for care in the...
  8. S

Updated layout: Living with CF blog page

Hi everyone, We have revamped the Living with CF page! This page contain all our CF news, research, articles, and member blogs. The most recent blogs are at the top, and a new 'At a Glance' view displays ALL the blogs below. There are also handy filters to sort by category, month, and...
  9. S

Discussion: Benefits of Manuka honey in Cystic Fibrosis?

Hi everyone, I just posted an a short article in the cysticfibrosis.com blog area, which include some links to research on Manuka honey and its potential benefits on CF. Benefits of interest might be "curbing the activity and growth of bacterial biofilms, improving antibiotic resistance...