Search results

1. C

Weekly pill container

I fill 4 weeks at a time.
  2. C

Open frontal sinus surgery

I had this surgery done last year. Good news is 1 year later my sinuses are still open and draining. Less headaches and less pressure. The down side is it was quite painful for me. Because they are drilling into the bone it hurts like you have a "broken" bone. It will get better but is a slow...
  3. C

Safest Way to Make Pets Part of Our Lives

From someone with CF, I grew up with cats, my mom was allergic to dogs. I am not going to tell you how you feel about germs and I am not going to criticize by any means. I am 34, about to be 35, I am not a germaphobe. It is a good thing because I could not work in the hospital working as a nurse...
  4. C

Feeling depressed

Oh and yes, I have gone to counseling at different times/struggles in life including with my husband who is a nurse and understands a lot about CF but we still have moments he just doesn't get it.
  5. C

Feeling depressed

Everyone has brought up a lot if good advice. My first instinct is to get a counselor, talk to the cf social worker even if it feels awkward. You need to take care of yourself physically and emotionally. Who cares what others think about counseling. It is about you taking care of you. See a...
  6. C

anyone who had a lungtransplant got pregnent after the transplant ?

Yes, I know of a few on the Facebook private group called "cystic fibrosis mummies". Search it on Facebook. Once you get approved or invited to join you can talk/ask about anything CF and pregnancy related. I found it to be priceless and more informative and supportive than the doctors. Good...
  7. C

Dr. Needed for newly diagnosed patient.

What part of New York do you live in? What county? I live in ny too
  8. C

I just got that device diabetes people use, what should be my blood sugar to lose lb?

It's not necessarily going to help you lose weight having better blood sugar levels. Instead having better blood sugar levels will prevent cellular damage and organ failure. Do you mean you got a glucometer to test your blood sugar levels? When did you get the reading of 179 in the morning...
  9. C

IVF - CF Female

Have you tried iui?
  10. C

Celebrating 7 year Transplant anniversary!

So happy for you, hope all stays well and enjoy planning your wedding! It can be stressful at times. Let others help. Good luck with everything!
  11. C

Trying to concieve help please

Kxray328, i know this post is from last year. How have you made out with trying to conceive? Dana
  12. C

GI doc needed in CT

Pinter, I see you speak very highly of the doctors in mass. Obviously you live out that way but in your experience what makes them better than other doctors or has this been the only place you have had treatment for your cf issues? I ask out of curiosity not as an accusation or anything. I...
  13. C

Kalydeco gets approval for eight more mutations

Hopefully that means it will get approved for more later on too.
  14. C

Anyone do sinus nebulizer?

There is a nebulizer made specifically for the sinuses called the SinuStar nasal delivery system made specifically to deliver medication to the sinuses with nasal prongs instead of wearing a mask and breathing in through your nose. I was wondering if anyone has heard or used this for antibiotics...
  15. C

prednisone withdrawal question

I am an RN and the taper sounds fine, you should not be having any withdrawal. Based on my experience, I have a few questions. What is your baseline blood pressure and have you been drinking lots of fluids? If so has it been water other fluids? Usually if I don't drink enough I get a headache...
  16. C

Just a little rant about health care workers

I had surgery in upstate ny. I had a Fess and windows drilled into my sinuses to help them drain better. I am a week postop and let me tell you this one hit me lot harder than the last two. I even stayed overnight because that is what the cf doctor recommended for pain control. That was a waste...
  17. C

More aggressive FESS

So the first couple of days were ok. On Monday I felt "off" like I was going to pass out. Blood sugar and blood pressure were fine so I don't know what it was all about. Now I need to have another ct scan and cardiology consult. Lucky me, nothing like spending recovery time running to doctors...
  18. C

Just a little rant about health care workers

Lilro, the next time you are I the hospital ask the doctor to write an order pt may take own enzymes, bring yours in from home a new sealed bottle will help the pharmacy when having to verify the med, also have him write an order pt may keep own enzymes at bedside.
  19. C

More aggressive FESS

Surgery is done, I stayed overnight because that is what my cf doctor recommended for added pain control due to more invasive procedure. Can I tell you that was completely useless the meds they gave me didn't help. When the nurse called the resident to ask the to change it to the same post op...
  20. C

More aggressive FESS

So my surgery is scheduled for this Friday. I am looking forward to it because I am hoping for some relief of pressure and hopefully less sinus pain. I am just a little nervous about the increase in post op pain. But either way I will get through it. I have the utmost confidence in the surgeon...