Search results

1. M

Lonye's transplant update

I am sorry it's taken me so long to post another update. Lonye was released from the hospital on Monday. His first post op appointment is tomorrow. Our daughter will be here for the weekend. We haven't seen her for almost 2 weeks! That's been the hardest part of this experience (so far)...
  2. M

Lonye's transplant update

First, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I was talking to one of our amazing ICU nurses the other night, said there are people all over the world praying for Lonye's recovery. She said, "it makes all the difference"...... so thank you, I believe it does. So, for the...
  3. M

NEW LUNGS

Lonye's surgery very well. He was moved up to ICU at 8am this morning. We were allowed in at 9. He was off the vent at 2:15pm and eating ice chips by 2:30. He might be able to sit up and eat a little something tonight. I am exhausted. I will post more later. Deanna
  4. M

Transplant update

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! The surgical nurse just came out and said "the new lungs are going in as we speak". I have no idea when we will get another update. But, I will certainly update you when I can. Deanna wife of Lonye 41y/o m w/cf
  5. M

We got "the call"

Just wanted to let you all know that we got the call. We are at the hospital in Seattle. Hopefully, the surgery will start by midnight. There is another transplant surgery in process right now. My husband is next. Some of you might know him as "Corvetteman".
  6. M

What time did you get "the call"?

I was just wondering what time of day you got "the call" asking you to come to the hospital for transplant ... it just seems to me that it might be early morning or late evening because they need to do the surgery on an empty stomach.