Search results

1. J

CF effects all aspects of your life?

Here in the south, I'd look at that person and say "well bless your heart." I sure wish it didn't affect every aspect of my life, but at some point it just does. Breathing is kind of a big part of everything I do. And I'd love to meet anyone with any chronic illness that didn't "let" it affect...
  2. J

Here in the south, I'd look at that person and say "well bless your heart." I sure wish it didn't affect every aspect of my life, but at some point it just does. Breathing is kind of a big part of everything I do. And I'd love to meet anyone with any chronic illness that didn't "let" it affect...
  3. J

4. J

How do I stop coughing?

When coughing interrupts my sleep, I take cough medicine and double up on my hypertonic the next day. When I lose sleep, I tend to go downhill FAST, so sleep is really important for me. I've tried honey and other natural remedies and unfortunately nothing really works for me other than the cough...
  5. J

How do I stop coughing?

When coughing interrupts my sleep, I take cough medicine and double up on my hypertonic the next day. When I lose sleep, I tend to go downhill FAST, so sleep is really important for me. I've tried honey and other natural remedies and unfortunately nothing really works for me other than the cough...
  6. J

How do I stop coughing?

7. J

Port Accessed and Shower questions

I've had home health nurses give me these before, they work pretty well. If I'm just doing 2-3 weeks, I just wash my hair in the sink and then bathe the rest of me in a bathtub with not much water. It's a huge pain, but I'm always terrified of getting anything wet. But the aqua guards would be a...
  8. J

I've had home health nurses give me these before, they work pretty well. If I'm just doing 2-3 weeks, I just wash my hair in the sink and then bathe the rest of me in a bathtub with not much water. It's a huge pain, but I'm always terrified of getting anything wet. But the aqua guards would be a...
  9. J

10. J

port surgery questions

My first port placement was probably my toughest, but I really think it was b/c I was put to sleep and I didn't react well to the anesthesia- plus I was sick and on IV's at the time, so it was just all in all kind of sucky. I've had 2 replacement ports, and both were fairly easy. Local...
  11. J

port surgery questions

My first port placement was probably my toughest, but I really think it was b/c I was put to sleep and I didn't react well to the anesthesia- plus I was sick and on IV's at the time, so it was just all in all kind of sucky. I've had 2 replacement ports, and both were fairly easy. Local...
  12. J

port surgery questions

My first port placement was probably my toughest, but I really think it was b/c I was put to sleep and I didn't react well to the anesthesia- plus I was sick and on IV's at the time, so it was just all in all kind of sucky. <br /> <br />I've had 2 replacement ports, and both were fairly easy...
  13. J

IV Bottle

Yes! I've never had a pharmacy do the Meropenum in eclipses before, but I just moved to SC and my new home health company delivered a 2-3 day supply every...well, 2-3 days, lol. Luckily only about a 10 minute drive for them. They never turned yellow, in fact I've had the gravity bags turn much...
  14. J

IV Bottle

Yes! I've never had a pharmacy do the Meropenum in eclipses before, but I just moved to SC and my new home health company delivered a 2-3 day supply every...well, 2-3 days, lol. Luckily only about a 10 minute drive for them. They never turned yellow, in fact I've had the gravity bags turn much...
  15. J

IV Bottle

16. J

IV Bottle

LOVE the eclipse balls. I only use home health companies who will give me at least one of my meds in them. I've been on IV's for a month, 3 weeks at home and for the first time I had both of my meds in the balls and it was great. I always do my Tobra in them, and this new pharmacy that I'm using...
  17. J

IV Bottle

LOVE the eclipse balls. I only use home health companies who will give me at least one of my meds in them. I've been on IV's for a month, 3 weeks at home and for the first time I had both of my meds in the balls and it was great. I always do my Tobra in them, and this new pharmacy that I'm using...
  18. J

IV Bottle

19. J

Digestive Enzymes

I used to use Ultrase and made the switch to Zenpep. I had trouble adjusting for the first month, but since then I love it! I love their rewards program and I have less gas and tummy trouble than I did on Ultrase.
  20. J

Digestive Enzymes

I used to use Ultrase and made the switch to Zenpep. I had trouble adjusting for the first month, but since then I love it! I love their rewards program and I have less gas and tummy trouble than I did on Ultrase.