Search results

1. L

Just curious differences in repeat sweat test?

I'm very happy for you! Our final sweat test was normal. We are obviously grateful. I'm praying for all of the people here. I WILL be walking for Cystic Fibrosis, and donating. May a cure, or a simple drug management be in the near future! And the medication seems within reach.
  2. L

Thank you so much for your kind words. We go back tomorrow. Your intermediate level results make it even more up in the air. I hope that whatever the results are, there is some positive news coming your way. Sometimes people who don't have C.F. test intermediate OR have a "mild form" that...
  3. L

Crazy actually. It came back 19. 40 points lower! Both arms. They believe this is correct and with his newborn screen being very low (7th percentile)(mandatory newborn screens in my state), they believe he doesn't have it. HOWEVER... They obviously have to repeat the test to get 2 consistent...
  4. L

2 teen siblings diagnosed

Thanks for your reply.
  5. L

Wow! You're approved a getting Kalydeco so soon! That's great. I'm curious, for my own situation, did your state do a newborn screening? And if so, did your kids not screen positive or borderline?
  6. L

I'm very sorry. I am waiting on testing for my 6 year old son who got a 59 on his sweat test. None of this is easy to accept. It sounds like your kids have been very healthy until now, and that's a REALLY good sign. I hope nothing but the best for your kids and your family. There are some...
  7. L

Thank You. I hope we both get answers soon.
  8. L

Thank you. He's going to Boston Children's Hospital for the repeat, testing a stool sample and probably genetic blood test. Unless the sweat test comes back much lower (which I'm of course hoping, but preparing for not), I think his original test requires the genetic test. Good luck to you and...
  9. L

Thank you for your reply. We're at the beginning of diagnosis, like anybody in this situation, I'm hoping I'll get news that the first sweat test was a fluke. 58/59. My almost 6 year old's newborn screen was normal. Only 7th percentile. He's been an asthma/reflux kid. I know I'm probably kidding...
  10. L

We are going for a repeat sweat test on Wednesday. Just curious if your child's repeat test came out very similar? Or a big difference between 1st and 2nd?
  11. L

Son sweat test 58/59 probable CF almost 6

My Son is almost 6 and got a 58/59 On his sweat test and the Dr. Who delivered the news seemed confident he has it. If this is confirmed to be CF, is that a fairly low number, or possibly a sign it's a "mild" form? He has gotten pneumonia several times.