Search results

1. T

feeling a bit down .. stressed ..

Hi girls. I haven't posted much on here lately, I have been sooooooooo busy with Brianna! She is 8 months old now and decided she no longer likes to take good naps during the day so i am sooo busy with her, especially when Kenny is at work! I just got a port placed in my chest because i am on...
  2. T

Baby pics!

Things have been crazy and I havent been on here much, but I would love to see pics of all the babies!! Brianna's pictures are here: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27232019@N04/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/27232019@N04/</a>
  3. T

coughing up blood & sick with 3 month old baby

so, looks like i have gotten myself pretty sick somehow. I have been on the oral meds for 5 days now and my cough is a little better but the mucus is the same (thick green chunky with plugs) and for the last 2 days I have been coughing up pure blood (usually around 3ounces and it stops after 15...
  4. T

getting your infant on a schedule...

Hey everyone! So, this isn't really CF related - but my baby is 3 weeks old tomorrow, and still eating about 3 ounces, every 2-3 hours... she really has no sleep "schedule" yet, and the pediatrician said thats fine cause she's still a newborn... I am trying to give her baths at night and keep...
  5. T

Had my baby!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone!! I had Brianna! She was born at 1:12pm on May 27th, weighing 7lbs 5oz and she was 18.5 inches long. I saw the post that Kristy started, updating everyone on the news! I wanted to come on here so bad while I was in the hospital but I didn't have any internet acess! So thanks Kristy...
  6. T

Having my c-section on Tuesday...

So, my little girl decided not to turn on her own & stay breech, despite the remedies I tried on my own also. I guess she is just too comfy in the position she is in (which is KILLING me by the way!!). Her head is literally just about in front of my ribs, she is up that high.. my rib pain is to...
  7. T

Nearing the end......

Just wondering, how those last weeks of pregnancy treated you? I'm back on IVs... same meds as last time, Aztreonam & Zosyn for the Pseudomonis, MRSA and a new bacteria I grew out called Serratia Marcescens (doc said I most likely picked it up at the hospital which I am at every week now for my...
  8. T

trouble going to the bathroom...

So this is kind of gross.... but I am 31 weeks pregnant, and am pretty much constipated. I am taking my enzymes (Ultrase MT20's) and am just unable to get anything out.. I was sitting on the bowl before in tears because my stomache hurts so bad, i have to go, but NOTHING!! I have heard that Milk...
  9. T

doc says NO to inhaled tobi while pregnant...

So I have been inhaling Colistin (coly mycin) for a month, I usually do one month on, one month off... but while I have been inhaling it, I also noticed my cough still increasing and my mucus changing to the taste & color & thickness that means something no good is brewing in there - I also have...
  10. T

coughing... causes contractions?

I read recently on a pregnancy website that some women have had early contractions (braxton hicks) due to coughing a lot .. has this ever happened to any of you?? I'm 5 months pregnant, and when I cough it is usually HARD coughing.... especially in the mornings- I almost throw up! Just want to...
  11. T

When did you notice pressure...

Hey ladies.... I am one week shy of being 5 months pregnant, and I was just wondering when you started to feel the pressure on your lungs of the baby and everything pushing its way up? For the past few nights, I notice that my usual position on the couch (laying on my back) causes me to feel...
  12. T

Pregnancy acne...

Just wondering if any of you had bad acne develop while you were pregnant? Mine started up around my 8th week... wasn't bad at all, but now I am going on 19 weeks and its getting SOOO bad and painful. I have been to the dermatologist and he recommended a face wash (CeraVe) that made it worse. I...
  13. T

losing my voice...

for the last week my voice has totally changed - I never really had the raspy "CF voice" as I call it .. but now it sounds all raspy. Since being pregnant, I have been doing Pulmozyme everyday, as well as Xopenex inhalations.... could the Pulmozyme be making my voice all weird? I have been doing...
  14. T

Anyone have this happen while pregnant?

Sooo.. I just got back from the hospital..... I've now been bleeding for almost 2 days and in severe pain, cramps like I have my period and blood clots coming out when I pee. So, I went to my obgyn yesterday and she said my cervix looked like it was shortening (that is what happens when you go...
  15. T

Insulin while pregnant....

I am 15 weeks pregnant and have CFRD.... pre-pregnancy I was on a pill (metformin) but now I am on insulin (Humalog) .. I was just wondering where any of you inject yourselves? I hateee injecting my stomach now, I know it won't do harm to the baby but it feels so weird - I have tried my thighs...
  16. T

new to group... just saying HI!

Hi everyone - my friend told me about this website, I am really glad to have found it! I am 22 years old with CF and am almost 15 weeks pregnant.. its getting pretty stressful, but everything so far is going pretty good. I also have CFRD, which has now brough insulin injections because I'm...