Search results

1. M

Respirtech jacket

My daughter is between sizes as well and her torso is long. Respirtech sent me a sizing sheet. I measured her and they were able to create a custom vest to fit her measurements.
  2. M

First royalty check sent!

I just bought a copy and can't wait to read it. :0)
  3. M

Bubbles: fishy mask general question

Our clinic has always told us to sterilize/boil the fishy masks.
  4. M

Any drink/smoothie I can make in bulk?

Great idea. Anything I have tried to make ahead of time breaks down in the refidgerator (ie. separates).
  5. M

When/What treatments?

I think your doctor is leaving the decision up to you because you need to weigh the cost/benefit for your child since the current data did not support putting a child under 6 on the drug. My daughter started CPT at 8 days old and nebs at 1 month old. She nebs Mucomyst and Albuterol. She now has...
  6. M

Neuropsychiatric events with Singulair

I am surprised that your doctor did not inform you of this side effect before putting your child on the drug. Especially knowing her history. Our daughter is 4 and the doctor told us of this potential effect before putting her on the drug. She also let us know that the percene of people that...
  7. M

Sould we be doing breathing treatments

Our clinic (the University of Minnesota) prescribes proactive treatments. Our daughter started on CPT at 8 days old and nebs at 1 month old. She got a Vest at 1 year old. Her baseline is no cough and she had her first hospitalization for pnemonia and influenza at age 4 1/2. We are HUGE advocates...
  8. M

Two Carrier Parents

I agree. Post in the family section and you will get a lot of info from the moms/dads there.
  9. M

New Wearable Airway Clearance Device

Interesting! I am also interested in the cost. The site states they are creating children's models, which makes me wonder about how they handle the child's growth. Would a person need to purchase multiple vests over a lifetime?
  10. M

Interpretation of Ataluren Press Release

I disagree. There are several CF drugs available that slow progression. I really doubt they all decrease sweat chloride. I don't think sweat chloride is the only predictor of whether the drug works or not.
  11. M

Are you continuing HTS for <6?

I believe the .09% was the control group. The participants that actually got HTSrecieved 7%. My daughter participated in the study. She does not have significant lung involvement yet. She had her first hospitalization recently (for pnemonia and influenza). She is 4 1/2. My personal opinion is...
  12. M

Are you continuing HTS for <6?

Does anyone havea link to the study results? My daughter is 4and is currently on a 3 week round of HTS due to having been hospitalized for pnemonia and influenza. At this point, we do not plan to continue HTS after the 3 weeks. My daughter was a part of the ISIS study that tested HTS on children...
  13. M

VX-661 Phase 2 Study

semperfiohana, the list you posted are the most common mutations. <strong>Not</strong> the most common <strong>gating</strong> mutations. Does anyone have a list of what mutations are gating mutations?
  14. M

VX-661 Phase 2 Study

semperfiohana, the list you posted are the most common mutations. <strong>Not</strong> the most common <strong>gating</strong> mutations. Does anyone have a list of what mutations are gating mutations?
  15. M

Best CF Centers

<P>Our daughter goes to the University of Minnesota.  It is one of the clinics featured in the previously mentioned article.  Dr. Warren Warrick was a Pioneer in CF and invented the Vest.  He has now retired.  </P> <P> </P> <P>We love the staff.  The clinic has a Median Life Expectency that is...
  16. M

Best CF Centers

<P>Our daughter goes to theUniversity of Minnesota. It is one of the clinics featured in the previously mentioned article. Dr. Warren Warrick was a Pioneer in CF and invented the Vest. He has now retired. </P> <P></P> <P>We love the staff. The clinic has a MedianLife Expectency that is 11 years...
  17. M

Best CF Centers

<P><BR>Our daughter goes to theUniversity of Minnesota. It is one of the clinics featured in the previously mentioned article. Dr. Warren Warrick was a Pioneer in CF and invented the Vest. He has now retired. </P> <P></P> <P>We love the staff. The clinic has a MedianLife Expectency that is 11...
  18. M

It was negative!

Test results can vary greatly by day and by tester.
  19. M

It was negative!

20. M

It was negative!