Search results

1. E

For all of you marijuana users

1. I'd like to know if he smoked it or ate it. 2. It's only a problem if you intend to get a tx. 3. I think it's really stupid it's a problem at all. If it was just an infection he was prone to (not due to marijuana use), no one would give half a sh*t. They're only holding it against him...
  2. E

Gums and Teeth

So I have receding gums. Only under one tooth and only a little bit so far. I'm sure it's mild. My dentist has told me they are not receding anywhere, and they were just a little inflamed by that tooth. Quite frankly, I don't believe him. The gums are lower than my tooth, and I can get my...
  3. E

Obama mentioned CF!!!

Okay so we all know I'm an Obama freak. I'm watching his speech after losing Pennsylvania tonight. He mentions personal stories he hears from time to time in his speeches and tonight he said something to the effect of: I met a young man who was worried about having to possibly sell his house...
  4. E

Nose + Boogers

Okay so I use a nasal spray every night. I've never done a nasal flush before. The right side of my nose is currently driving me BATTY (I guess I should add that the right is the only side I ever had polyps in.. but that was 19 years ago, and while my doc always says it looks a little...
  5. E

All Sorts of Insurance Garbage

Okay people so here's my situation. I'm going to be a student until May of 2009. Then I'm going to get a job (hopefully that won't take too long). Mike and I plan to get a place the end of 2009 (literally the end, the last 2 months or so) or the very beginning of 2010 (if need be). I turn 26...
  6. E

:O

Heath Ledger... DIED. So frickin weird. It appears it was a suicide (he was found with a lot of pills)... and he was discovered in Mary Kate Olsen's Manhattan apartment. Soooo weird. And one of his biggest projects (though Brokeback certainly was a big one) is due out this summer!!! Damn.
  7. E

Pseudomonas Pictures

The same cousin that sent me the lung microchip article recently sent me three pictures of pseudomonas (she used to work with it in her grad school lab) and I'd thought I'd share. If you look at the difference between the mucoid and the non-mucoid, you can see why the mucoid is so much worse...
  8. E

A Note About PFTs

I didn't want to post my crap all over here and bore the hell out of everyone. But not everyone looks at blogs all the time, so I wanted to call attention to it. If anyone who understands how to read PFTs could take a look at the blog I posted today (11/19), I'd much appreciate it. Thanks guys...
  9. E

Cool Science Stuff

My cousin is a big science nerd. She's currently in grad school, and she does biomolecular insane stuff. At one point, she was working in a lab studying how pseudomonas affects CF lungs (I offered to mail her some lung goo). Anyways! She just sent me this article (labeled "cool science stuff"...
  10. E

I have had it with doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never had that happen. I would've told that doctor to eat my @ss. I would suggest not to see him again, that's bullsh*t.
  11. E

Insurance

Okay, so there's been a lot of talk about insurance lately with Sicko coming out (Michael Moore's documentary about health care in the US). Mind you, I haven't even seen it yet. But from what I understand, Sicko or not (I know lots of people don't like Moore, so what I'm saying is just that this...
  12. E

Okay I Can't Stand This.

Okay so everyone is going to want to bite my ass about this, and that's fine. But I suggest you realistically look at it before you freak the hell out. I make a few valid points, if I do say so myself. I hate the way America treats death. I realize it may not be the coolest thing ever. But...
  13. E

Important Warning!!!

My doc just sent this to me. I don't know where he got it from, but I trust him (Amy, this is the awesome doc I always rave about). <i>Emily, The FDA is investigating whether the premixed colistin that is made for the eflow could cause some problems. A woman with CF who was taking it...
  14. E

Help a Dream Come True

This isn't CF-related, but it's our kind of thing, I think. I originally posted it on my blog, but then I wanted to make sure everyone saw it, so I deleted the blog and pasted it here. I saw this group on facebook and I really liked it, so I wanted to share it here. There's a 7 year old with...
  15. E

Skin Problems

I seem to have really bad skin. Now, it's not like I have a huge acne problem. I have regular zits, nothing huge, no big deal. But I have the worst frickin pores. I have about 1948124 blackheads, and no matter what I do, they do not go away. I don't wear make-up. Let me repeat that: I don't...
  16. E

Chat Chat

Allie and I are having a chat party! Come join, it'll be fun. Woo.
  17. E

Compressor (for nebulized meds)

Okay, so here's the deal. I am *probably* getting an eFlow. I won't know for another few days or so. But I have two regular nebulizers (one is 14 years old, I'm keeping that one to take it apart -- it's old and huge and loud anyhow). The other one is much newer, about 2 or 3 years old. So I'm...
  18. E

Chatttt!!!

There's a few of us in here... and I'm drinking! It'll be great fun. Stop on by!
  19. E

CF Jeans

One of my old friends from grade school (her uncle has CF) sent this to me and I thought it was interesting. So I'm sharing. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cfpremiumdenim.com/">CF jeans</a>
  20. E

To Moderators

Bill, Jeanne (or whoever else's name I might not know): I briefly searched for a way to message you privately (while not reporting someone else) to ask a question, but couldn't find it. I may just be oblivious, who knows. Anyway, this is just a basic question, so I figure no harm done. So...