Search results

1. J

New way to think of hospice

I have CF  I'm getting up there in my age and in the "End Stage" of my disease.  My husband and I were quite put off by those words written by the doctor. We know why they write this because of thee numbers and all the scientific gathers they find.  But " End stages could go on for a long...
  2. J

Where is everyone

<br>
  3. J

Where is everyone

It kinda funny I never find activity when I pop in. Is there something I should no and don't? I check in now and again often enough and never find anyone on line. What am I doing wrong? Perhaps late evenings are better. Not for me though. Is anyone on during the day for short times, between...
  4. J

fundraising fun

I came home from an 8 week 6in ICU, hospitalization. Finally turned the corner and got home with a new baseline. I was nervous about what faced my near future. I was to give a speech at my own Art Exhibit, raising money for CF. I had to get into shape. Haa , Well I did it , the speech that...
  5. J

Is Bi Pap a trend in treatments

I was wondering how anyone else might be doing with getting used to Bi Pap. Im trying so hard and feeling so frustrated. I do relax while trying to use it but it wakes me so much during the night. Im going to try the chin strap for mouth breathing but feel so bogged down with it all...
  6. J

Goji Berries Raw Food diet

Hi everyone: I was reading something today about Raw food diet by David Wolfe. The diet is not something im willing to mess with but there are some things I was curious about , foods that are something I can add to my diet. Goji berries sound to good to be true. I was wondering if anyone has...
  7. J

Bone Health as we get older/ Reclast

During my last Hospitalization my doctor talked to me about <span class="FTHighlightFont">Reclast</span ft> as an I.V drip drug for the health and developement of my bones, as we know are more vunerable to fratures and breaks cause of malabsorption of calcium and other vit essential to bone...
  8. J

Cipro and side effects

I read an article this year that one of my doctors gave me. This doctor happens to be treating my for an injury to my hand of unknown origin, The article comes from a site called "Health Matters" . It mentions that on July 8 2008 manufacturures of antimicrobial drugs must add a warning of...
  9. J

Diabetics

Does anyone with CFRD ever had experience with Thrush on the Nipples. I know nothing is sacred. I would just like to know I'm not the only one. I will see a doctor but I just wondered how common it is. It always amazes me all of that which we have to deal with. I know it is commom...
  10. J

On The lighter side

I know this is on the lighter side but I think it is nice when we can share stories of the unexplained to others that might have had similar things happen. For example Angel Stories, ghosts, gaurdian angel stories, and such. I know Im putting my reputation on the line here but I would love to...
  11. J

Products with Cepacia

I would like to know where I can find a list or summary list of products on the market being tested positively for Cepacia. I wonder if anyone knows where to find this information. I remember years ago " Wet and Wild" lispstick and that instand Shower Spray" cleans the shower automatically...
  12. J

Pain

I was wondering if anyone else suffers from chronic elbow and joint pain? By eight o clock at night I can't stand it anymore and can't wait to go to bed. My body is shot. Sometimes Im in so much discomfort I could cry and would like to take a pain med . But I stay away from them for very good...