Search results

1. S

Anti-biotic side effects after you're finished with them?

Hi Regina, yea I'm also experiencing more acid reflux then usual, but I thought that was on account I didn't go to the grocery store in a little while, so all that I have is junk food. I'm am dead tired all the time; I could fall asleep standing up! Have you pinpointed a certain anti-biotic...
  2. S

Anti-biotic side effects after you're finished with them?

I was recently on tobramycin, vancomycin, and meropenum, all for 2 weeks. I was finished with them Wed night, and that night I had lower back pain, and being kidney stone-prone, I can recognize when I have one. I definitely have one. But that's not all, on both of my thumbs the skin is peeling...
  3. S

Alternative Pain Medicine

Like jbrandon said, pain comes from inflammation. If you cut that down drastically, you also cut the pain down. I'd suggest first things first, watch what you put in your body. I'd abandon all extra sugar, maybe add some Brazil nuts, broccoli, and especially "cold-pressed" Extra Virgin Olive...
  4. S

High Calorie Stuff

I drink anywhere from 3-4 Ensure Plus drinks per day. I get the generic so they aren't nearly as expensive and have the same caloric value and nutritional value.
  5. S

The Walking Dead

Yea this is my favorite show. I don't watch much tevee, but I never miss this! Like Amber, I originally thought I wasn't going to be interested, as Zombies and end of the world apocalypses really aren't my thing. But I was wrong. I was hooked from the first episode.
  6. S

Your interest in the world's current events?

I actually like to keep up on world events; I like to know what's going on, but I make sure to get most of my news from the internet, as you can't trust the hate-America media these days. But this world is really going down the toilet and fast. If we don't do something and soon, the next...
  7. S

Anyone take Zantac or any otber ant-acid?

I have done squats and lunges, they really help. But I am kinda limited as to what I can do as I still have a picc line in my arm. I am finishing up courses of Tobramycin, Vancomycin, and Meropenum. I am not on anti-biotics all that much though. The last time I was on IV antibiotics was April...
  8. S

Anyone take Zantac or any otber ant-acid?

I'll give you the cliff notes version. I had a lot of trouble with my mobility, and after seeing an ortho and getting an MRI, he said I have a cartilage loss in my hips. But then I seen yet another ortho that said my hips look ok, and not to allow anybody to operate on them. Upon a physical...
  9. S

Gas... so frustrating

I can totally relate baco623. For years I had terrible flatulence, to the point where I remained at home most of the time because of the akwardness of going out in public with vicious gas. I was constantly on flagyl, and that did help. But the human body has an excellent way of healing itself...
  10. S

Disability

Awesome. The word is it's hard to get on disability, but I knew ppl who got disability for frequent headaches, and other then that, they were in perfect health! But then I knew a guy who couldn't walk without a walker, and the doc told him he shouldn't apply because he won't get it? I emailed...
  11. S

Creon question

Well I get a bad reaction to Doxy; I don't remember what it is, as I took it years ago. I think I will buy more Ensure drinks, as they are practically meal replacements and if I take 5 enzymes with it I have no gas. Plus Handisnack crackers and cheese I take 4 enzymes and no gas. I looked that...
  12. S

Creon question

Bill what anti-biotic do you take? Flagyl or metronidazole works great while I'm taking it, but a day or 2 after I stop, the uncontrollable gas returns. I don't have loose stools or very much bloating, just mainly gas, and that's why I would think it's an enzyme problem. The more enzyme I seem...
  13. S

Creon question

Bill I started with the uncontrollable gas about a decade or so ago, directly after an abdominal surgery to remove part of my small intestine. The doc at the time told me it was because of "bacteria overgrowth", so they put me on Metronidazole, and up until a few years ago I have been on that...
  14. S

Creon question

I had an EasyMac the other day and took 5 creon before, and 5 after and had absolutely no gas! I thought I had finally cracked the code and figured out why I had gas. But even though I have split my enzymes up, I still have gas. It seems that was an isolated incident; a fluke. I spoke to a...
  15. S

Creon question

Well forn the past 2 days I have had stomach pain. I just ignored it but this morning it was something fierce. Something is also distrupting my sleep patterns. I think my body is trying to tell me that I'm taking too much enzyme. I think I'll go back to taking 4 a meal and go up from there...
  16. S

Creon question

It seems for years I had this gas problem, but it was ultimately helped by upping my digestive enzyme dosage. But I'm a bit concerned about taking too much enzyme. The other day I devoured a medium pizza and had to take 16 Creon so I wouldn't be over-run with gas. It seems it has a shelf life...
  17. S

lung function

My FEV1 was 75% last time I was seen. I'm 32. I think I am doing really well breathing-wise, I don't see how some people can get such high FEV1's. I wonder if there is a trick to fool the machine?
  18. S

just a little fun survery. You know you are sick or go to the hospital when........

Well I haven't been admitted to the hospital since April of 2008, my baseline FEV1 is around 70-75%. But I have gotten sick just recently, and a course of Cipro knocked it out. But now I think I caught something else, I don't know if it was from another person, or because I'm a guinea pig; in...
  19. S

CF Diabetes: What's the workup? What will results means? What's the treatment?

Diabetes is the worst. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd take CF before diabetes any day of the week. Maybe it's because my CF hasn't been too much of a burden yet, or because I'm fairly young still, and diabetes really gets in the way of doings things that younger people enjoy. I...
  20. S

Side effects from Cipro

Thank you. I still have left shoulder pain. I have been off of Cipro for 2 days and still have the runs (even since taking 2 probiotics a day), and I have a hard time doing my therapy vest, as the shoulder pain is too much. EDIT: I am doing the therapy vest now, and the compression seems like...