Search results

1. S

Every Breathe

Damn...I get it. It sucks, but I am totally loving your honesty and your strive to overcome this stupid CF bullshit. I seriously want to wake up my 13 year old and tell him about you...he is the kind of kid that hates secrets and desperately needs to know everything that CF entails.
  2. S

Every Breath: An Animation About Growing Up with Cystic Fibrosis

Wow, you are amazing! That clip was very moving. I have two CFer's and my oldest son is officially a teenager. He is realizing and often dwells on the whole life expectancy thing. He is convinced he is going to die when he is 34. He is actually doing quite well and has never cultured B...
  3. S

Top Ten unusual things to bring to Hospital for an admission...

Oh...this is fun!!! I always bring a small lamp for ME! The lights are either really bright, or too dim to read. The "reading"light above my son is always pathetic! We tried Christmas lights, but the engineering dudes came by and told us we couldn't hang electric Christmas lights in the room...
  4. S

Need Help, Once again, I wasn't ready for this

I have 2 CF boys...12 and 6 years old. My oldest had severe nasal polyps and had them removed (along with adenoids and tonsils) when he was 3. He is almost 13 and his nose is beautiful...no polyp re-growth at all! I don't understand the picc line for nasal issues, but it may be just to ensure...
  5. S

How to deal w extended family without a FAMILY FEUD ???

Grrrr....it is so freaking selfish!! Just today, both of my CFers went to clinic and are on a new antibiotic. Why? Because they visited their dad for the week and the stepmom and half-brother were sick. This happens almost every time they go and visit. I have also heard the typical lame...
  6. S

Do you ever feel inadequate?

This is the third hospitalization within the past 12 months. My boys are 11 and 4...both CFers. It seems like no matter how hard I try, my boys keep getting sick. I am super-compliant, but I have a nagging feeling that maybe I could have done more. I have Crohn's and I am experiencing a...
  7. S

Do you ever feel inadequate?

This is the third hospitalization within the past 12 months. My boys are 11 and 4...both CFers. It seems like no matter how hard I try, my boys keep getting sick. I am super-compliant, but I have a nagging feeling that maybe I could have done more. I have Crohn's and I am experiencing a...
  8. S

I know this is my second child with cystic fibrosis but...

I have two boys with CF and I totally get where you are coming from! I assume you found out baby #2 had CF before you delivered. I did not know until about 10 days later, they tested him using umbilical cord blood. I remember changing his diaper while in the NICU and being so excited, because...
  9. S

I know this is my second child with cystic fibrosis but...

I have two boys with CF and I totally get where you are coming from! I assume you found out baby #2 had CF before you delivered. I did not know until about 10 days later, they tested him using umbilical cord blood. I remember changing his diaper while in the NICU and being so excited, because...
  10. S

Cf & school... 504, public, charter, private...???

I pulled my son out of public school in the middle of third grade. His nurse was crazy....seriously! He missed a few weeks, due to cf, and started to get behind in math. The staff was not understanding and was not willing to work with me. His school was a charter school and so it wasn't...
  11. S

Cf & school... 504, public, charter, private...???

I pulled my son out of public school in the middle of third grade. His nurse was crazy....seriously! He missed a few weeks, due to cf, and started to get behind in math. The staff was not understanding and was not willing to work with me. His school was a charter school and so it wasn't...