Search results

1. B

Need quick advice from adults with cf

Thank you for your replies! She still has an upset stomach and a minor temp at 99.8. I am now wondering if she has a stomach bug. If it was enzymes she should be over it by now...14 hours later.
  2. B

Need quick advice from adults with cf

My 7 year old daughter didn't take her enzymes at school lunch yesterday. It was pretty fatty and high in protein. She has had a horrible night with stomach pain and continues this morning. She is in so much discomfort she won't go to school. She wants to go very badly because there is a big...
  3. B

ER Waiting Rooms

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>BikerEd</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Momto2</b></i> Hmm, never heard of anyone getting special treatment in an ER before due to CF. My policy is that my health is my responsibility, and if I'm...
  4. B

ER Waiting Rooms

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>BikerEd</b></i> <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Momto2</b></i> Hmm, never heard of anyone getting special treatment in an ER before due to CF. My policy is that my health is my responsibility, and if I'm...
  5. B

ER Waiting Rooms

6. B

ER Waiting Rooms

<br>Should we just be complacent and deal with it or should we do something to change it? <strong><u>I say change it.</u></strong> When we lived in AZ, Phoenix Childrens IMMEDIATELY put us in a triage room. The ER was packed and they still put us through. That is how it should be everywhere...
  7. B

ER Waiting Rooms

<br>Should we just be complacent and deal with it or should we do something to change it? <strong><u>I say change it.</u></strong> When we lived in AZ, Phoenix Childrens IMMEDIATELY put us in a triage room. The ER was packed and they still put us through. That is how it should be everywhere...
  8. B

ER Waiting Rooms

9. B

ER Waiting Rooms

<br>We had to go to the ER last night for a chest xray. Our daughter is almost 4 years old and our peds asked for us to get a chest xray so she could rule out pneumonia. We have limited experience with ER's with our daughter and were shocked by what we found. Our dr called ahead and told the ER...
  10. B

ER Waiting Rooms

<br>We had to go to the ER last night for a chest xray. Our daughter is almost 4 years old and our peds asked for us to get a chest xray so she could rule out pneumonia. We have limited experience with ER's with our daughter and were shocked by what we found. Our dr called ahead and told the ER...
  11. B

ER Waiting Rooms

12. B

Pin Ups - national has run out?

How hard would it be for them to reorder! That is frustrating! We have dollars we are losing because they cannot order more?!
  13. B

How hard would it be for them to reorder! That is frustrating! We have dollars we are losing because they cannot order more?!
  14. B

15. B

Fun Way to teach kids about CF?

I am a guest speaker at my friends house (they homeschool). The kids are 3 to 5 years old. They are focusing on the lungs right now and would like me to talk with them about CF. Does anyone have some fun ways to explain CF? I was thinking of maybe a blown up balloon with something sticky...
  16. B

I am a guest speaker at my friends house (they homeschool). The kids are 3 to 5 years old. They are focusing on the lungs right now and would like me to talk with them about CF. Does anyone have some fun ways to explain CF? I was thinking of maybe a blown up balloon with something sticky...
  17. B

I am a guest speaker at my friends house (they homeschool). The kids are 3 to 5 years old. They are focusing on the lungs right now and would like me to talk with them about CF. <br /> <br />Does anyone have some fun ways to explain CF? I was thinking of maybe a blown up balloon with...
  18. B

When is it too much information?

I have a three year old with CF. She is an active, happy girl. I am very involved with the CF Foundation and make speeches. I also am fundraising constantly on the phone and in person. My daughter is with me on all of these outings. I am starting to get worried she is hearing too much about...
  19. B

Daughter colonized with psuedomonas

My daughter will be 3 in January. She has cultured pseudomonas 2 times and had a 10 day hospital stay to try and eradicate it. Her results just came back that she cultured again. So they consider her colonized. Did we just take a wrong turn in our CF battle? I feel like this is really bad...
  20. B

Daughter colonized with psuedomonas

My daughter will be 3 in January. She has cultured pseudomonas 2 times and had a 10 day hospital stay to try and eradicate it. Her results just came back that she cultured again. So they consider her colonized. Did we just take a wrong turn in our CF battle? I feel like this is really bad...