Search results

1. R

Starting Kalydeco Today

We all appreciate this info. My daughters mutation is unknown as of now but i hope sge is a candidate fir this med. She usnt sick often at 26 years old but she does have weight issues sinus issues and some coughing with very little mucous production. She has not been hospitalized for 2 years...
  2. R

my sons angelversary nov 25

My son would have been 21 this year. I lost him almost four years ago and want so much to learn why? I hate this disease.. I want to do everything i can to help my daughter live along life.........love this site for all the help.
  3. R

Im starting pulmonary rehab!! Very stoked!..Time to raise my numbers!

MY daughter is 26 now and pfts usually in her 50's. When should she consider pulmonary/cardiac therapy?
  4. R

Our son, our Hero

I am sorry to read this but on the other hand it teaches me that these kids and young adults fought hard, were the smartest and most friendly people and never took life for granted and loved with all their might. I miss my son too who died in 2008 having been just evaluated for trNsplant. He...
  5. R

Advice for a mom that will have a child with CF

Hey, I have had a newborn diagnosed with cf on day two with bowel obstruction and he had to go in for surgery right away. 17 years i took care of him with enzymes from the beginning Progestimil formula, ostomy bag untill 2months, and on and on.... the one thing i know for sure is that you...
  6. R

Advice for a mom that will have a child with CF

Hey, I have had a newborn diagnosed with cf on day two with bowel obstruction and he had to go in for surgery right away. 17 years i took care of him with enzymes from the beginning Progestimil formula, ostomy bag untill 2months, and on and on.... the one thing i know for sure is that you...
  7. R

How long before eating should one take enzymes?

my kids had different pancreatic problems, so one had to take right away, or up to one hour after if he forgot, and the other one hardly has to take any and has no problems except that she doesnt gain much. I would suggest that you try to do it as soon as you eat, but you cannot stress about...
  8. R

my kids had different pancreatic problems, so one had to take right away, or up to one hour after if he forgot, and the other one hardly has to take any and has no problems except that she doesnt gain much. I would suggest that you try to do it as soon as you eat, but you cannot stress about...
  9. R

10. R

<br>I love reading the forums and smiling over all the adults that have lived a very long time with cf  and also feel close to you and know what you go thry. My son died in the hospital  suddenly  unexpected   nov 25 2008. He has a sister right now who has cf  and two beautiful girls 4 and 1. We...
  11. R

<br>I love reading the forums and smiling over all the adults that have lived a very long time with cf and also feel close to you and know what you go thry. My son died in the hospital suddenly unexpected nov 25 2008. He has a sister right now who has cf and two beautiful girls 4 and 1. We never...
  12. R

<br>I love reading the forums and smiling over all the adults that have lived a very long time with cf and also feel close to you and know what you go thry. My son died in the hospital suddenly unexpected nov 25 2008. He has a sister right now who has cf and two beautiful girls 4 and 1. We never...
  13. R

Getting A Job

awesome HOT YOGA should be great for your lungs huh? what a great idea.
  14. R

Getting A Job

15. R

Getting A Job

16. R

Getting A Job

i think if you are careful and wash hands alot and arent sick yourself,you can enjoy life and get out there and try all of these jobs and volunteering. As for babysitting, just dont take them when they are sick. No daycare that is smart takes sick kids, and yes you can watch cf kids but...
  17. R

Getting A Job

i think if you are careful and wash hands alot and arent sick yourself,you can enjoy life and get out there and try all of these jobs and volunteering. As for babysitting, just dont take them when they are sick. No daycare that is smart takes sick kids, and yes you can watch cf kids but...
  18. R

Getting A Job

19. R

HCR and Medicaid

It upsets me that the cf community feels like they cannot get married becasue of extreme helathcare costs. My daughter has cf and wants to get married next year? she cant afford to get her own insurance without a job and her fiance is the only income with two kids....im angry too
  20. R

HCR and Medicaid

It upsets me that the cf community feels like they cannot get married becasue of extreme helathcare costs. My daughter has cf and wants to get married next year? she cant afford to get her own insurance without a job and her fiance is the only income with two kids....im angry too