Search results

1. D

Q+A Adult with CF

Great question! I work for state government in a position that is also Union, which is perfect for CF'ers like myself who when sick or need extended leave receive 100% of my pay and I can never be let go! I don't know what State you live in or what carreer path you working towards but I would...
  2. D

Exercise vs avoid public pools

I've been swimming in public pools my entire life! From club swimming through High School and now at 41 I try and hit the pool at least 4 times a week for about 1 hour. I've never had an issue or had a Doctor tell me to stay away for fear of bacteria in fact swimming in pools had kept me more or...
  3. D

Is Texas a good state to live in with CF, are Insurance and CF Hospitals/Centers good

Thanks Autumn! You have some great knowledge and experience and glad you can share. Much appreciated! - Jason
  4. D

Is Texas a good state to live in with CF, are Insurance and CF Hospitals/Centers good

Hi Everyone, I'm just checking in to see if the state of Private Insurance has improved for CF patients who live their and if any government programs have improved coverage for adults who work yet need prescriptions covered and hospitalizations covered as well? Are there any CF adults in Texas...
  5. D

Hi Robin, Are you moving back to Ohio strictly because of the care in Austin, work related or insurance coverage? I've heard that southern states like Texas can be difficult for people with CF in terms of not covering certain meds or medical procedures? Did you have any of these issues...
  6. D

Hey Autumn, Thanks for responding, how do like BCBS of TX? Do they cover all meds, and treatments? How about Hospitalizations and other medical situations? We have BCBS in MA and they have been amazing but again I'm probably in the best state for Health care, everything is covered, all meds...
  7. D

I have a general question about moving and living in Texas with CF, specifically will private insurance, or a specific Texas State Insurance program cover CF related costs? What should a CF patient and family expect to pay in co-pays, insurance costs, and premiums? Also, what does anyone...
  8. D

In the middle of the night... (for bleeders)

Excellent ideas! I'll try the Cayenne powder spice and see how it goes! Thanks and great posts everyone!
  9. D

Whats the dose of the Vitamin K your on and which probiotic product? Is it cayenne pepper? Thanks!
  10. D

I have been having off and on again bleeding for about a year and half. My first big bleed led me to the hospital where I had an Embolization procedure (not fun). After the procedure, I continued to have small bleeding randomly even while I felt very healthy! So, now I have just learned to live...
  11. D

For those on Kalydeco--help those in UK and Ireland

Is the link to survey working or not, I can't get it to open to your survey?
  12. D

Private Student Loan

So, i have personal experience with this issue. My brother who also has CF and recently went on total disability contacted his student loan company and informed them that he can no longer work and thus for obvious reasons cannot pay the student loan. To make a long story short they sent him the...
  13. D

CF and Work

I totally understand your situation...I've been working since I graduated college 15 years ago and dealing with CF and work is always a challenge that most people just don't understand. Working in Massachusetts has its benefits in that any employer, small/large cannot fire you if/when you are...