Search results

1. M

Long time!

It has been a long time since I have been on this site! Austin is now 12 1/2 years old. Pre-teen! He has been doing very well! It's been 4 years with no tune ups. "Knock on wood" he is in the 7th grade. Plays trombone in the school band, plays baseball, basketball and very active with church...
  2. M

Long time

It's been a very long time since I have blogged on here. Lots of things have been going on in our lives. We moved from Bradford to Troy Ohio. So the boys switched schools. Austin is doing VERY WELL! It has been a little over 3 years of NO tune-ups. He is in the 6th grade now. Did awesome in...
  3. M

Hypertonic Saline

We went to clinic today and since the Tiger Study is no longer, the doc is starting Austin back on HTS. He wants to try Austin back on Albuterol too. He is on Xopenex. He was switched to that several years ago. Well the doc said that he can use the HTS and mix it in the same cup with his...
  4. M

Sputum culture results

Can anyone tell me what this is? I just got Austins results from his sputum culture and i will be calling the doctor on Monday to check this out. her is what his results say. Gram Strain Few gram positive Cocci Rare gram negative rods Culture Light growth staph aureus Heavy growth...
  5. M

Flu shots at clinic

Why does it seem that every year that my sons CF Clinic is always the last to get the flu vaccine in? I see them advertised all over the place. The grocery stores, Walmarts, Pharmacies and I just got an automated call from the Health Dept. You would think that a pulmonary clinic would be one...
  6. M

When are you getting Flu shots?

I was just curious as to when most of you are getting your flu shots this year. I called the CF Clinic to ask a question and while talking to the nurse I asked her when they were giving flu shots. She said probably not til mid to late October. But she said that one of the docs would give it...
  7. M

New school year

Austin will be starting the 4th grade this year. Typically since he has started school I have made an appt. with the new teacher for the year and talked to them about CF and they were welcome to ask any questions they had for me regarding Austin and CF/ The situation this year is different...
  8. M

Eating in the summer time.

Do your childrens eating habits tend to change in the summer? This summer I have noticed that Austin really isn't eating as much as I think he should during the summer. Especially when playing with his friends. Food comes second during that time. He has lost a little weight not a whole lot...
  9. M

The Humidity

I was just curious as to how this humidity is affecting those with CF. I personally have not noticed much with Austin. He has been hanging in the house though in the A/C. I know it is harder for me to breathe (no CF) so i can only imagine how hard it is for those with breathing issues.
  10. M

MyKidsChart

Austin went to clinic this past week and they are startinga new program called MyKidsChart where you can view your childs medical record online. i know some of the centers already have this. Our clinic is just starting. I registered the other day for it and I absolutely love it already. What...
  11. M

MyKidsChart

Austin went to clinic this past week and they are startinga new program called MyKidsChart where you can view your childs medical record online. i know some of the centers already have this. Our clinic is just starting. I registered the other day for it and I absolutely love it already...
  12. M

My blog

Ok I was wanting to write a new blog but cannot for the life of me figure it out. I already have a blog and before all i had to do was hit the new post button on the left. I do not see that button anymore. Am i missing something?