Search results

1. N

G/J Tube and tummy issues

I've been fed only through my G/J tube nightly. But its causing major diarrhea during the entire night, no matter how many enzymes I seem to take. I did take an Immodium today to see if that helped, but I don't know yet. Has anyone had similar tube feeding problems?? Experiences?
  2. N

G/J Tube and tummy issues

I've been fed only through my G/J tube nightly. But its causing major diarrhea during the entire night, no matter how many enzymes I seem to take. I did take an Immodium today to see if that helped, but I don't know yet. Has anyone had similar tube feeding problems?? Experiences??
  3. N

Nissen stomach wrap

My transplant team here at Duke has basically already signed me up for the Nissen fundoplication surgery sometime after my lung transplant because I have bad reflux (always have!). Do you know if I will need to continue to take my acid reflux medication? How horrible is it to not be able to...
  4. N

Pegson?

Awhile back, I came across his blog through his posts on here and he hasn't posted since I believe, his sinus surgery. So I was wondering if anyone has heard for him or if my link to his blog is fried or what??
  5. N

Duke University

Due to things not under my control (lung drought in FL), I am looking at getting listed and transplanted at Duke University in NC. Has anyone had their transplant here, or know anything about the program. I've looked at UNOS statistics and things seem good. They almost do more transplants than...
  6. N

IV Immunosupressants

Do they give you the first dose of anti-rejection meds prior to surgery? Also, do you receive them via IV until you can start eating again? Wouldn't that mess with the drug levels going from IV to oral? I'm curious. Thanks.
  7. N

IV Immunosupressants

Is it true they start giving you the anti-rejection meds prior to surgery? Also, do you receive the drugs through IV after transplant until you can start eating again? Just curious. I would think the transition from IV to pills would screw up drug levels a bit, but I know the first few weeks the...
  8. N

Distance to Center

I'm going to see my Tx drs on weds but I was curious if anyone knew if it mattered how far you are from the hospital if you get a call or not. Like, will they purposely skip over me if suitable lungs are found just because I'm 2 hrs away? We're already considering moving close to my center...
  9. N

Breathing help?

I have a question, I'm waiting for lung transplant and have had a lot of infections, trouble lately feeling well. But now I have a new-ish symptom. I can't get steady breaths. This may sound normal. But I cannot relax my breathing. I take xanax every day so I know its not a panic attack though...
  10. N

Transplant Bag

So, I've been listed for 6 months and my drs tell me I'm in the top 25% for my blood type and hopefully be transplanted in the the next few months. I've got a bag with two sets of PJs (button up shirts because of the incision), one set of "workout" clothes, my cell phone, charger, deordorant...
  11. N

Freestyle Navigator

My new endocrinologist recently suggested I look into getting the Freestyle Navigator Continuous glucose monitoring system. I do not have an insulin pump, I use insulin pens (Lantus and Novolog) and my last few months of prednisone have me checking my sugars probably about 8 times a day. I want...
  12. N

Vanco/Zosyn allergy for transplant listing

I went through my transplant evaluation in March and heard the decision that my possible listing for lung transplant is put on hold due to my allergic reactions to vancomycin and zosyn. I was going to post this on the transplant forum, but not everybody knows its there and I wanted to hit...
  13. N

IVs and BMs

Just a warning: this may be TMI. But everytime I go on IV antibiotics, like the 2nd day, I have very loose stools and this continues for the entire period I am on them. Doesn't matter what antibiotic, its always the same. I'm annoyed by it because I feel like everything I've eaten has just gone...
  14. N

Experiences with Paxil

Hi guys, I was put on Paxil a month ago by my doctor for anxiety. I used to be on Xanax but I didn't feel like it worked for me. Did some research on it on my own and found out Paxil is mostly given for depression (which I've never had a long-term issue with until recently). So I was taking it...