Search results

1. R

Tube Feedings versus "Blenderized Diets"

I have had a g-tube for many years and without it I just can not gain weight. I also have been an advocate to use your g-tube to your nutritional advantage. http://forum.cysticfibrosis.com/threads/35226-G-Tube-Advantage-and-recipes?p=911159#post911159 I struggle like all of us but recently I...
  2. R

Seven Dwarfs of CF. What one are you today!

Seven Dwarfs of CF Wheezy, Sweaty, Junky, Greasy, Salty, Skinny and Stinky!
  3. R

G-Tube Advantage II

G-Tube Advantage II We all are looking for a silver bullet for the treatment and cure for CF. It seems we need only a slight improvement in CFTR or other channel to make a difference in our health. Well we still need a good foundation for good health if we want to live longer and beat this...
  4. R

G-Tube Advantage “Let food be your medicine and Medicine be your food” Hippocrates

G-Tube Advantage “Let food be your medicine and Medicine be your food” Hippocrates For many years I looked at having to rely on a G-tube, to gain weight, as a negative thing. It seemed like a failure on my part for not gaining weight lazyness or just being overwhelmed with just having to...
  5. R

Anyone in Canada CF clinic that treats SMG

New approach to treating cystic fibrosis lung infection shows promiseSep 22, 2008Researchers at the University of Calgary have found a new method of fighting severe lung infections in people with cystic fibrosis (CF). These findings are published inProceedings of the National Academy of Science...
  6. R

New drug target found for cystic fibrosis lung disease

New drug target found for cystic fibrosis lung diseaseVancouver researchers have discovered the cellular pathway that causes lung-damaging inflammation in cystic fibrosis (CF), and that reducing the pathway's activity also decreases inflammation. The finding offers a potential new drug target...
  7. R

Researchers discover new treatment to cure MRSA infection

Researchers discover new treatment to cure MRSA infectionby Angela Herring Professor Kim Lewis and his team developed a novel approach for treating chronic infections, which account for more than 20,000 deaths in the U.S. each year. Credit: Mary Knox Merrill.Recent work from University...
  8. R

Bacterial food web may be key to cystic fibrosis

Bacterial food web may be key to cystic fibrosis By Anne Ju Cystic fibrosis patients suffer from chronic bacterial infections and thick mucous in their lungs, due largely to a combination of microbial infections and resulting inflammation. A common pathogen, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which can lay...
  9. R

Anyone take this? (Long-term inhaled dry powder mannitol improves lung function in CF

Anyone take mannitol treatments? Long-term inhaled dry powder mannitol improves lung function in CFAdding inhaled dry powder mannitol to standard therapy for cystic fibrosis produced sustained improvement...
  10. R

Cannabis Treatment for CF

CF Cannabis Treatment - We want to feel better not high!. There is lots of info here and new research saying that there are numerous types of cannabinoids only one has psycho active properties, the rest have enormous health benefits. Please review and I would be curious what others felt good or...
  11. R

Top Ten unusual things to bring to Hospital for an admission...

1. Soft toilet paper 2. Power strip to plug in stuff. 3. Plastic Shopping bags for easy trash bags tied to bed and within easy reach. 4. Gummy bears 5. Baseball Cap to shield from early am lights 6.Clips to hold call button 7. Hand gripper to hold for blood draw. 8. List of all your meds 9.Hot...
  12. R

Channel activators (potentiators) of cystic fibrosis (CF) transmembrane conductance r

Targeting autophagy as a novel strategy for facilitating the therapeutic action of potentiators on ΔF508 cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator.Luciani A, Villella VR, Esposito S, Gavina M, Russo I, Silano M, Guido S, Pettoello-Mantovani M, Carnuccio R, Scholte B, De Matteis A...
  13. R

Regulation of CFTR gating (normal and CF)

Pathway Map Details Regulation of CFTR gating (normal and CF) view in full size | open in MetaCore Object list (links open in MetaCore): PDE4D, SF01 extracellular region, Genistein extracellular region, PKA-reg (cAMP-dependent), PG01 extracellular region, VX770, ATP cytosol...
  14. R

Cystic fibrosis patients could soon benefit from breakthrough small-molecule drugs

Breathing Easier Cystic fibrosis patients could soon benefit from breakthrough small-molecule drugs that treat their underlying disease instead of just their symptoms http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/86/8635cover.html Lisa M. Jarvis ON A TYPICAL school morning, Jeanmarie Youngblood wakes...
  15. R

treatment of CF patients low doses of amitriptyline

Has this been looked at by anyone, could be interesting. http://www.spp-sphingolipide.de/Publications/Riethmueller%20et%20al%20-%20Therapeutic%20Efficacy.pdf In summary, the present findings demonstrate the safety and the efficacy of treatment of CF patients with low doses of amitriptyline and...
  16. R

Almond Milk Weight Gainer Smoothie

Almond Milk Weight Gainer Smoothie - Got a picky kid that has lactose issues - try this super tasting recipe for lots of healthy whole food calories! 1 Cup Almond or Rice Milk ( 100 Calories) 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Almond Butter ( 200-400 calories) 1 Banana ( 70 -90 calories) 2 tbl Honey ( (100...
  17. R

Brazilian Banana Acai Smoothie

Sounds like a mouthful but has some great superfoods and anitoxidants in this awesome smoothie! 2 Bananas 1/2 Cup of frozen Acai 1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries (other berries ok to add) 1/4 Cup Brazil Nuts (adds calories and smoothness) Lots of selenium- good for us CF'rs) 1/2 Cup Fruit Juice -...
  18. R

Does anyone have any experience in taking Zyvox while doing a tune up?

Does anyone have any experience in taking Zyvox while doing a tune up? Question: If pseudomonas is a gram negative bacteria and zyvox works on these specifically why would it not be an FDA approved treatment option? http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0215/p663.html#afp20020215p663-t3 Linezolid: Its...
  19. R

"Foreverland" CF Movie:.... a young man stricken with Cystic Fibrosis,

The story tells of Will Rankin (Thieriot), a young man stricken with Cystic Fibrosis, a terminal illness, who is tasked with delivering his friend's ashes to a legendary healing shrine in Mexico. Joined by the sister of his fallen friend (Leboeuf), Will embarks on an epic journey down the...
  20. R

Structure-Activity Relationship of 1,4-Dihydropyridines as Potentiators of the Cystic

Structure-Activity Relationship of 1,4-Dihydropyridines as Potentiators of the Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Chloride Channel http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/72/1/197.full Nicoletta Pedemonte, Davide Boido, Oscar Moran, Michele Giampieri, Mauro Mazzei...