Search results

1. P

new jersey cf care

Can anyone tell me about new jersey medicaid? Are there state assistant programs for cf? Also curious about home delivery pharmacies and cf centers. We are thinking of relocating to red bank, NJ. Does anyone live in nj but go to chop? Thanks! Plus any additional info, pros and cons about nj...
  2. P

CF, COPD, and Bronchiectasis

Just wondering how much of a threat is it for people with cf to be around others with either copd or bronchiectasis? You always hear about people with cf having to stay away from each other, but why is it not mentioned about copd and bronchiectasis? They all have the potential to harbor the...
  3. P

mucus clearing massage?

I'm looking for a post that I read about a specific type of massage that allowed for clearing of mucus from the lungs. Does anyone know anything or heard anything about a cf specific massage? Thanks :)
  4. P

raw vegetables and pseudomonas

I recently got my CFer into juicing. But now I'm having second thoughts. Everything Ive been reading says there's a high chance our raw veggies are contaminated with pseudomonas. I wash with a water vinegar solution but what about the sink and my knives or when the vegetables are still in the...
  5. P

home spirometers

Those of you who use the Pico home spirometer..... can it be santized/cleaned between each use? Looking into purchasing one but wanted to make sure it was safe. Thank you!
  6. P

yoga positions

Hi everyone! I was looking to get some input on yoga positions that specifically strengthen the lungs or are beneficial to the overall health of the lungs. My daughter is 6 with CF and we've been doing family yoga for the last few months. Wanted to see if we should be focusing our lessons any...
  7. P

Pulmozyme/Vest

Do you Vest with Albuterol before Pulmozyme so that the Pulmozyme has a chance to seep into your lungs or do you Vest afterwards to shake all the mucus the Pulmozyme hopefully broke up? So many conflicting schools of thought. Thanks.
  8. P

CT scans and our little CFers

Hi. My daughter just had a CT scan that showed moderate to severe bronchiectasis in her right middle lobe and lingula. Just curious to know if other parents have received similiar results from their own childrens CT scans. Thanks!
  9. P

CT scans and our little CFers

Hi everyone. My daughter just had a CT sacn which showed moderate to severe bronchiectasis in the right middle lobe and lingula. Just curious what other parents of young kids have found out from their own kids CT scans. Thanks!
  10. P

MobilAir/SideStream users

Hi everyone! My 4 yr old daughter is currently using the PARI VIOS for her pulmozyme and albuterol treatments. Her clinic wants to switch to the MobilAir. I have read on this site that this is the preferred compressor for alot of you. I am just confused as to what nebulizer cups can be used with...