Search results

1. J

Tequin Allergy

Has anyone else on here had an allergic reaction to Tequin? I think I have, and I will probably call my doctor tomorrow to see if there's anything he can do about it. I have had a very similar reaction to Penicillin ( I think it was around a year ago.) The symptoms are very similar - hives...
  2. J

Wanting to be Pregnant, Just for the Sake of Being Pregnant?

Hey everyone- Lately, I have really been wanting to be pregnant, just for the sake of being pregnant. I know it sounds dumb, but I love the thought of maternity clothes, having the attention, etc... I think it's because I know it's something that I can't have. I kind of want a baby, but not as...
  3. J

Building up a Tolerance for Exercise

HelloAnyone have advice on exercising for beginners? I used to work out a lot, then stopped. Now I am finding it hard to start up again because it is like torture. I know to start out slow, walking, etc.. But does anyone have any extra advice? How do you get motivated?
  4. J

Clubbing

I have never had a problem with this. What about any of you? How do you deal with it? Just curious.
  5. J

Itching and the Vest

Last night, I did my vest, and I itched my stomach so bad that I scratched so hard that I ended up bleeding. I had no idea that I was even scratching that hard, now it is scabbed over. I really should wear mittens or something! Does anyone else do this?
  6. J

Negative - Postive CF on TV

I remember watching ER one time, and there was a guy on there with CF. I love ER, but I hated what the episode did with the illness. Basically, I hate how everything you see on tv about CF is negative. You never see someone living a healthy life with CF. On ER, he was dying. Then there was that...
  7. J

Buying a Pari LC Plus Neb Kit

Hey Guys I need a new nebulizer. I am down to one. Anyhow, I have never had to buy one before, my mom always kept me in stock, and now I am SHOCKED at how much they are!!! 20 bucks a pop?? Does anyone know of a cheaper deal? Thanks!
  8. J

Tobi Refrigeration Question

Hey Guys I will be staying in a hotel this week for my work conference. I just remembered that I forgot to request a room with a refrigerator. Is it a requirement for TOBI to be refrigerated? I realize I could take a cooler with me, but I am just curious if it would be the end of the world if...
  9. J

Big Belly Blues

Hey Everyone I have to attend a gala for work here in about two weeks. My tummy seems to be getting bigger and bigger. What types of foods should I avoid before then to help it shrink a little? I tried on my dress tonight, and I look extra pregnant. :( Thanks! Jenna, 25 w/ CF
  10. J

What Makes You Cough?

Here are the main things that make me cough: Smoke Perfume Strong Scented Candles Lotion That gel hand sanitizer stuff... I hate that. Strong mints Really Cold Iced Tea Shaving Cream This may sound weird, but I get tickles in my throat whenever someone touches my face or ears just right. Makes...
  11. J

Ladies Only - Your Cycle and Your CF

I don't know if this has already been done or not, but I was wondering about what all you ladies on here go through during that time of the month. I know that my lung function drops, and my stomach cramps so bad that I can't do my vest - the movement just kills me. Jenna, 25 w/ CF
  12. J

Finding Friends with CF

Hello Everyone - I am new to the board... I just recenty discovered this forum a few days ago, and I instantly became addicted! :-) I am 25 and was diagonosed with CF when I was three months old. I consider myself very healthy; I have never been hospitalized since my diagnosis. I have only been...
  13. J

Finding Friends with CF

Hello Everyone - I am new to the board... I just recenty discovered this forum a few days ago, and I instantly became addicted! :-) I am 25 and was diagonosed with CF when I was three months old. I consider myself very healthy; I have never been hospitalized since my diagnosis. I have only been...