Search results

1. R

admit myself? yes or no?

I was originally scheduled to have sinus surgery on Wednesday (January 11th). I went to a pre-op check up tonight and we cancelled due to me having acute tonsilitis and my tonsils being to large to put me out; even though I feel perfectly fine and had no actual symptoms that I noticed until he...
  2. R

Workout vs. What you eat.

Hey awhile back I had started at the gym and felt it just wasnt for me, but lately I've gained weight, and I know CF'ers are known for having to gain weight, I don't mind the weight, over I'd like to trim up and look fit at that weight, right now I have lumps and bumps on my stomach area and my...
  3. R

Metallic Taste

Hi! I'm on Hypertonic saline, albuterol, & mucomyst, advair, multi-vitamin I'm also on zantac (generic version though) for acid reflux ive been having for the past 2 months i take it twice a day, if i dont then the acid reflux starts. i just took my pill right before bed, and now i have a...
  4. R

Handi-cap parking spots for people with CF

read online somewhere that certain lung function numbers can get your a handicap sign or plate. and i actually just saw a bumper sticker online for cf handicap parking spots. has anyone gotten one? was it easy? what do you have to jump through to get one, or is it really just as simple as a...
  5. R

anyone try "Oh Yeah!" drinks?

i was in GNC with my boyfriend, as he was looking at weightloss supplements or something, i decided to ask if they had anything there to gain weight lol....explaining the Scandi-shakes and the Boost...he directed me to the refrigerator in the store, and pointed out the OH YEAH! drinks, and said...
  6. R

Only one in family with CF

So...I'm 22, and I've just been thinking alot... I'm the only one in my family.....either side....that has CF.. no one else has it, no signs of it either my dad tries to think back, and the only thing he can find in common is that my grandma's moms sisters i believe died young from...
  7. R

Dental Problems from Meds?

I was curious as to if other CFers have any dental problems? I wasn't sure if its just me and my overly sensitive teeth, or if its the meds destroying our teeth?