Search results

1. B

Adults with CF what are your jobs?

I graduated college with 2 associates degrees, Information Systems and Internet Technology in 2004. Most jobs required 1-3 years of prior experience in that field. I had never had a job. I got my first job as an Office Assistant with an Ambulance Transport Service. I did that for 3 years until...
  2. B

Breathe Easy ihatecf (Rami)

I just wanted to let everyone know that ihatecf (Rami from Lebanon) passed away on 4/15/14. He fought hard until the end. Breathe Easy Rami.
  3. B

Women-- Where to do find jeans??

I have been wearing scrub pants with t-shirts since my transplant. They are very comfortable & have a lot of pockets
  4. B

Buspar?

Yes, I am currently on Buspar, 5mg. On the Tx list at Duke they do not allow their patients to take Xanax or anything like it. So Buspar is the common medicine they use. It's okay. It helps some, but I am still adjusting to it and all. I actually had to increase a different medicine called...
  5. B

Buspar?

Yes, I am currently on Buspar, 5mg. On the Tx list at Duke they do not allow their patients to take Xanax or anything like it. So Buspar is the common medicine they use. It's okay. It helps some, but I am still adjusting to it and all. I actually had to increase a different medicine called...
  6. B

Need a Lung Transplant

Thanks Lauren. Technically, no they r not tax deductible. But if the amount isnt large, like a few hundred, them u can probably take it & still get a deduction.usually IRS doesn't look at small things but large donations would draw attention. But according to the website, the answer is no.
  7. B

Need a Lung Transplant

Thanks Lauren. Technically, no they r not tax deductible. But if the amount isnt large, like a few hundred, them u can probably take it & still get a deduction.usually IRS doesn't look at small things but large donations would draw attention. But according to the website, the answer is no.
  8. B

Jerry Cahill got the call for Lung Transplant

I just saw on FB, the surgeon didn't accept the lungs. So it was a Dry-Run.
  9. B

Jerry Cahill got the call for Lung Transplant

I just saw on FB, the surgeon didn't accept the lungs. So it was a Dry-Run.
  10. B

Need a Lung Transplant

Hi everyone. I know I havent been up here much. I've been quite sick in the last year. I am now on O2 24/7 at 4-6 lpm. I now have CFRD. MyFEV1have dropped to24-27% (depending on the day).I am constantly on IVs. My CF has progressed much faster than we anticipated. The Drshave told me I am in my...
  11. B

Need a Lung Transplant

Hi everyone. I know I havent been up here much. I've been quite sick in the last year. I am now on O2 24/7 at 4-6 lpm. I now have CFRD. MyFEV1have dropped to24-27% (depending on the day).I am constantly on IVs. My CF has progressed much faster than we anticipated. The Drshave told me I am in my...
  12. B

Hypertonic Saline and Contacts

I have dry eye anyway, just from medications in general. I know I always had trouble wearing my contacts whenever I had them in while doing my Hypertonic Saline or TOBI nebs, especially if you are using a Pari Neb since the smoke comes right up across the eyes. I usually just took mine out...
  13. B

I have dry eye anyway, just from medications in general. I know I always had trouble wearing my contacts whenever I had them in while doing my Hypertonic Saline or TOBI nebs, especially if you are using a Pari Neb since the smoke comes right up across the eyes. I usually just took mine out...
  14. B

15. B

CF Telethon

U were at the Telethon Melissa? What time? Do you live in NC? I was there giving an interview between 9-10pm.
  16. B

CF Telethon

U were at the Telethon Melissa? What time? Do you live in NC? I was there giving an interview between 9-10pm.
  17. B

CF Telethon

18. B

CF Telethon

Our local television station put on it's Annual CF Telethon last night (8/13) and they were able to raise $408,075!!! This is a new high total for them. Just wanted to share the good news!
  19. B

CF Telethon

Our local television station put on it's Annual CF Telethon last night (8/13) and they were able to raise $408,075!!! This isa newhigh totalfor them.Just wanted to share the good news!
  20. B

CF Telethon

<BR>Our local television station put on it's Annual CF Telethon last night (8/13) and they were able to raise $408,075!!! This isa newhigh totalfor them.Just wanted to share the good news!