Search results

1. W

Back from Denver National Jewish.....(Kalydeco trial)

Thank you for your help! LittleLab & Autumn, Thank you both so much for your incredibly helpful responses! This is exactly what I was thinking, praying & hoping for -- I will be meeting soon with my daughter's CF GI doc and will discuss with him trialing one month off of enzymes. During that...
  2. W

Back from Denver National Jewish.....(Kalydeco trial)

Elastase & Pancreatitis Hello! I was so interested in your comment re: elastase levels, kalydeco & pancreatitis. My daughter is 5, has g551d & n1303k and in December of 2012 had pancreatitis for the first and only time. Actigall (ursodiol) helped, no hospitalization, iv's or pain meds were...
  3. W

4 year old - G551D - Pancreatitis

Sorry for the incredibly slow response! December was a real bugger for us & I'm trying to stay afloat... Long story. Anyway, with our daugter's pancreatitis, she was diagnosed at 6 days old with G551D & N1303K and on that day had a stool sample sent for PI, it came back extreme/severe PI with a...
  4. W

Thank you everyone for your help with this. I guess we received good news, but it was still a bit unclear. Bear with me because it's a little confusing... Our daughter's amylase & lipase levels came down a little bit after being on just clear liquids and no food for a day, the levels were still...
  5. W

Hello, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but the phone call I received today has my mind thinking in doubletime and I thought this forum may be a good place to seek help. Our 4 year old daughter has overall had a very healthy course so far. She is pancreatic insufficient, has been on...
  6. W

Happy Birthday to me!

Wishing you life's best!! Happy Birthday!!!!
  7. W

Happy Birthday to me!

8. W

Happy Birthday to me!

9. W

Pseudomonas - protocol for follow up culture

I've been through nearly the same frustration with my daughter. We were so eager to get the result saying that she was free from PA. It seems like they were culturing her about monthly around that time to follow up on the treatment. The gray area was with how many coursesbof TOBI they wanted to...
  10. W

I've been through nearly the same frustration with my daughter. We were so eager to get the result saying that she was free from PA. It seems like they were culturing her about monthly around that time to follow up on the treatment. The gray area was with how many coursesbof TOBI they wanted to...
  11. W

12. W

Swimming

THat is AWESOME!! Way to go Sullivan!! My husband was a competitive butterflier (funny word ;-) & I know it's his dream that our daughter will also enjoy competitive swimming. Time will tell! I know he'll enjoy hearing about Sullivan, thanks for sharing! :-)
  13. W

Swimming

THat is AWESOME!! Way to go Sullivan!! My husband was a competitive butterflier (funny word ;-) & I know it's his dream that our daughter will also enjoy competitive swimming. Time will tell! I know he'll enjoy hearing about Sullivan, thanks for sharing! :-)
  14. W

Swimming

15. W

hollistic meds for 13 month old

Have you spoken with your CF clinic's dietician about it? May be a great idea, but I'd run it by them. It is standard to check lab values annually, they may have a good recommendation on when to initiate any supplements and when to follow up with labs. Just a thought!
  16. W

Have you spoken with your CF clinic's dietician about it? May be a great idea, but I'd run it by them. It is standard to check lab values annually, they may have a good recommendation on when to initiate any supplements and when to follow up with labs. Just a thought!
  17. W

18. W

Lake Water

We have gone around & around on this one. It has to be a decision you make for your child & feel confident about. In our case, we live on a clean deep cold lake and watersports area way of life -- as is swimming in pools during the winter months. We do not have our daughter in other lakes...
  19. W

Lake Water

We have gone around & around on this one. It has to be a decision you make for your child & feel confident about. In our case, we live on a clean deep cold lake and watersports area way of life -- as is swimming in pools during the winter months. We do not have our daughter in other lakes...
  20. W

Lake Water