Search results

1. W

4 year old - G551D - Pancreatitis

Hello, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but the phone call I received today has my mind thinking in doubletime and I thought this forum may be a good place to seek help. Our 4 year old daughter has overall had a very healthy course so far. She is pancreatic insufficient, has been on...
  2. W

Bath or shower?

Hello! I have a question for all of you germ fighters out there! We live in a very tiny home & are very excited to build an addition that will include bedroom & bathroom for our daughter Lucy with CF, she is almost 2. Until now we have been batheing her, making sure to clean the tub prior to...
  3. W

Bath or shower?

Hello! I have a question for all of you germ fighters out there! We live in a very tiny home & are very excited to build an addition that will include bedroom & bathroom for our daughter Lucy with CF, she is almost 2. Until now we have been batheing her, making sure to clean the tub prior to...
  4. W

Swimming in a saline/saltwater pool

Hello, Our daughter is now 19 months and loves the outdoors. She had our first big scare a few months ago with a positive pseudomonas culture, thankfully it responded well to a month of TOBI and we had a clean follow up culture. Of course we are always concerned about potential risks that could...
  5. W

Which vest to buy?

My daughter is now 17 months and has a wide enough chest measurement to barely fit into a vest. We are very happy to be able to start "vesting" because she absolutely hates manual CPT - always has, since 6 days old. The main vests we are looking at include Hill-Rom's "The Vest" and the InCourage...
  6. W

13 month old, diagnosed a year ago, now first cold

Hello, My daugter is now 13 months old, she was dx'd with CF (GF551D & N1303K)at 6 days and has stayed incredibly healthy until 2 weeks ago. We've been crazy about keeping her out of public places, away from sick people & using hand sanitizer all the time... But, somehow a bug struck our house...
  7. W

Hypertonic Saline causing a deep wet cough

Hello, my little girl is now 5 months & at her last CF appt we decided to begin hypertonic saline through a nebulizer as a prophylactic treatment even though she is asymptomatic (her lungs sound fantastic). We did the treatment about 5 minutes per day for 5 days & then noticed she had developed...
  8. W

Synagis

Hello! I'm having a frustrating time dealing with our insurance company (Regence PPO) on covering the RSV antibodies called Synagis. Does anyone out there have a recommendation or experience in this area? We are just beginning the second & final appeal. An attorney I spoke with recommended...
  9. W

Pulmozyme &/or Hypertonic Saline at 6months

So, Lucy is almost 11 weeks & so far is very healthy. She has pancreatic insuffiency, but is gaining weight nicely with breastfeeding, taking enzymes, multivits, salt & Zantac. Yesterday at our CF Clinic appointment, the pulmonologist talked about starting her on Pulmozyme and or a hypertonic...
  10. W

New, Diagnosed at 6 days

Well, here goes. I found out that I was a carrier of CF when about 12 weeks pregnant, my husband was then tested & he was also positive. We opted against an amnio or CVS because we knew we wouldn't terminate & after talking in length with physicians we respected, felt we could handle the wait. I...