Search results

1. L

Private messages

When I click on my Private Messages, there is nothing there? Where did my messages go?
  2. L

Pneumothorax: To fly or not to fly?

I am in hospital now with an exacerbation as well as a "small" pneumothorax. Over the last 9 days of this admission, the pneumothorax seems to be resolving! Without the aid of chest tubes!! In 13 days, I am scheduled to fly from Calgary to Colorado to attend a medical conference. Can I/should I...
  3. L

I'm SALTY

I have always been SUPER salty, i'm talking like visible salt deposits on my skin in the summer and after exercising and exertion, like it looks like a layer of white dust on my forehead, neck, chest, legs. I hate the way it feels on my skin and I am super self concious about it. I get a...
  4. L

cf alcoholics

Just putting it out there, i struggle with cf and compliance and doing the things i know i should, and i'm 31! as some of you know, i am a recovering alcoholic, and as of July 11, i had almost 8 months of sobriety under my belt. unfortunately, i relapsed on the morning of july 12. i hate...
  5. L

Hyperpulmonary osteoarthropathy????

I have been having painful swelling in my calves for the last couple weeks...feels like crazy water retention. I went for a bone scan today...doctor thinks I have Hyperpulmonary Osteoarthropathy??? I am in pain, I am spending the day in bed until I HAVE to get out, my feet get so swollen, I...
  6. L

I have a huge rack!

Hi all, Just wondering if my HUGE rib cage is a CF thing, or just something that makes me special lol My rib cage is massive. I'm 105 pounds, but I often have to wear size large shirts (too big for my skinny arms!) I hate hate HATE it. Even before getting boobs, it is the part of my body that...
  7. L

what is an eclipse ball?

Just wondering, what is an eclipse ball? Is it an alternative to the IV bag, and how does it work? I've never seen one, and hadn't heard of it till I came to this website. Is it because I live in Canada? Do we have them here? Are they more or less expensive? Thanks
  8. L

to the partners

Hi everyone, I've been with my bf for over 10 years now. I think he knows cf pretty well. He's been around for many ups and downs and in betweens. He doesn't like to talk about it much, even when I bring it up. He likes me to stay positive and not talk sad. I guess I understand that, but to...
  9. L

in hospital and very depressed

Hi all I'm posting from the hospital right now. I feel extremely depressed. I just spent some time with my doctor...all I want to hear is that everything will be ok, but he can't tell me that. PLEASE help me to re-focus, because I feel like I am going to have a break down. Can anybody help...