Search results

1. K

Venting

Hello everyone. I started this new school program which is 40 hours a week and 20 hours in driving and homework= total 60 hours. I am exhausted and am waking up at 5am every day. Last time my pfts were 76 percent and I could breath well. My pfts must be down about 5 percent because Im to the...
  2. K

Those who have applied to disability

I was just looking into unemployment. I might be able to quit and state I can no longer do my job because of medical reasons such as coughing up blood around the food and apply for unemployment. My company is very nice and might approve unemployment. They approved unemployment for someone they...
  3. K

Thank you everyone, I am going to look into all these suggestions. If you think of anything else, please let me know. I am going to ask my CF doctor and the DOR soon I they have any suggestions. I am still going to apply for social security, it worth a try, once I leave my job. Thank you again...
  4. K

Thank you everyone for your response. I do have bad anxiety Jeff so I am going to look into that. I found out I got accepted into one of the programs. I am so thrilled but I don't know how I am going to live while I am in the program. It is one year full time M-F 730am-430pm and a hour and a...
  5. K

Hi Eathan, I am currently working with the DOR. They approved to pay all the money for the public school and about half for the trade school. They are great! I will still have to quit my job since the schooling is full time so I will need money to live off. Pay the apartment, phone bill...
  6. K

Can I ask you approx how much a lawyer would be because I would have to save for that. I might have to go that route or start looking into it
  7. K

I applied to two school for general medical sonography and cardiac sonography as a technologist. I might end up having to go to a trade school because both the public schools are impacted and difficult to get into. The good news is that the DOR approved my application to get my schooling paid...
  8. K

@jaimers. I did go to the hospital for coughing up blood in May 2014 but that's the last time. I have had multiple coughing up blood episodes but I didn't go to the doctor. I couldn't afford to miss work and stay there for 4-5 days so I just got through it by myself. Im afraid I wont have enough...
  9. K

CF Clinic + Holistic medicine, does it exist? America or Europe?

Hi dank, I self doctor with some holistic things. I am 29 years old currently but I was DX at 15. I never took CF treatments because I rebelled. Once I came around, I gave them a short and they either made me worse or did nothing at all for me. Some will hate me for saying this, but I don't...
  10. K

Scholarships

I looked it up and you have to not work for a total of 3 years but I cant be without work that long. I will try to call the number, thank you
  11. K

I am getting ready to apply for disability. Lung function is good, its around 78 percent. The problem is that I have had a lot of coughing up blood over the last couple years. I am in the food service industry as a waitress and I really cant do the job with CF anymore. I need training to get...
  12. K

Scholarships

Nevermind, you cant work ever again for that loan forgivness
  13. K

Scholarships

Do you all think CF would qualify?
  14. K

Scholarships

Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) DischargeA TPD discharge relieves you from having to repay a William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loan, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loan, and/or Federal Perkins Loan (Perkins Loan) Program loan or complete a TEACH Grant...
  15. K

MAC/Aspergillus

Thank you, for your help. I am doing well and happy to be almost done with my bachelors and on to the next round of schooling. I cant wait to have a career and not have to live pay check to pay check :)
  16. K

Scholarships

Thank you for your posts. I cant get pell grant because I make too much money. I was getting it at the community college when I only showed 12k a year. I wish I could still receive it because it was great help. @believeingjesus I am just surprised because I am 29 years old, with no one helping...
  17. K

Scholarships

Have any of you applied to a scholarship for CF and got it? If so, which did you apply for? I have applied to many through Boomer Esiason and have not received one. I am single (No kids, no husband, no family), moderate income (25-30k a year), approx. 3.0 gpa. Even though I am able to work and...
  18. K

MAC/Aspergillus

I contracted MAC/Aspergillus a couple years ago. I had three positive tests to in a row that confirmed I had them both. In the last year, I have now had 3-4 tests that showed no MAC and Aspergillus. Dos that mean that they went away on their own? I decided not to treat. My doctor said the last...
  19. K

I smoked cigs and marijuana, how will this effect my lungs?

How old are you because when I was in my early 20s. I could smoke and it would effect my lungs at all. I didn't smoke though but I did drink a good amount of alcohol. Now I'm 29, and I cough up a lot of blood. I still love a normal life with no CF medication. I think if you smoke, CF will catch...
  20. K

carriers

Can someone please explain how carriers work? So my grandparents had four kids. One of them was my mother, and I have CF. No one else in my family has CF. The grandchildren are starting to have children now. My cousin is pregnant and she found out she is a f508 carrier . I am double delta f508...