Search results

1. P

Zithromycin Mon wed and fri

When I started Zithro, I did notice a reduction in the severity and rapid onset of my infections. However, I also experienced some side effects; Most notably, my heart would race and beat irregularly, often skipping beats. It was very scary. I didn't associate it with the Zithro until I saw...
  2. P

Arizona--moving

Also, I didn't have allergies UNTIL I moved to the southwest. Allergies tend to be really bad there, so if you are moving to improve that aspect, I would re-think it.
  3. P

Arizona--moving

Hi, I'm not on here much, but I had to respond to this. I didn't live in Arizona, but in New Mexico. I'd imagine they are similar. There are some things you should be aware of before you move there. Depending on where you live, the elevation may affect your lungs. You'll probably want to get...
  4. P

What song do you relate your CF fight to

I'm a lurker, but I like this topic! I just had to contribute. My favorite CF battle song is Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down." Especially the version by Johnny Cash.
  5. P

Those with DDF508 Mutation

Hey, sorry for the extreme delay in response to your question. Life with a baby is very hectic, and doesn't leave me a lot of time to read the forums here! To answer your question, mmurray, I had CFRD prior to conception. As a result I was really closely monitored by Maternal Fetal Medicine...
  6. P

Those with DDF508 Mutation

Hi, I rarely post, but I'm a lurker. I felt I had to respond because I am a DDF508 and I conceived naturally. The first month I started charting my ovulation I conceived, so it was shockingly easy. For me I think it had to do with weight. I had recently gained some ten lbs right before I got...
  7. P

Does your state have finiancial progrAms for cfpatients

Hi. I haven't been here in a while, probably over a year now, but I still follow this site sometimes. I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy...
  8. P

Hi. I haven't been here in a while, probably over a year now, but I still follow this site sometimes. I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy...
  9. P

10. P

11. P

12. P

Southern Ohio Docs...

It's probably too far, but they have a great CF team at Akron Children's Hospital in Akron.
  13. P

Southern Ohio Docs...

It's probably too far, but they have a great CF team at Akron Children's Hospital in Akron.
  14. P

Southern Ohio Docs...

15. P

Southern Ohio Docs...

16. P

Southern Ohio Docs...

17. P

Who are you in a nut shell

who are you in a nut shell My name is Valerie. I'm 28 yo/110 lbs/5'5" I have CF, CFRD, liver cirrhosis. I was dx at 1 yo w/ pneumonia and failure to thrive. I live in San Diego. I've been married for a year and a half. My FEV1 was 30% for a while, but shot back up to my baseline of 60% after...
  18. P

Hello everyone

I had all of those symptoms except a sore throat before I was diagnosed with CFRD. But you said that you are pancreatic sufficient so I doubt it's that. It could be symptoms of untreated depression, too. --petitesouris
  19. P

Hello everyone

I had all of those symptoms except a sore throat before I was diagnosed with CFRD. But you said that you are pancreatic sufficient so I doubt it's that. It could be symptoms of untreated depression, too. --petitesouris
  20. P

Hello everyone