Search results

1. K

Urgent! Need to find better Adult CF Center

I would check out Dr. Seth Walker and the Emory Adult CF Center in Atlanta. We go to the Emory pediatric program, but they have a relationship with the adult clinic. He has spoken at some of our events and seems great! Very personable, knowledgeable, and cares a lot for his patients. The...
  2. K

Church PreSchool refusing to give enzymes!

My daughter has gone to a private church preschool for the last 2.5 years. They will not administer any medications, and I knew that when I put her there. When I was researching schools, I found that most would not give her medicine, only a daycare would. Mostly we have managed because their...
  3. K

HELP

Infiltrates are more common in CF kids. From what I understand, it can be a sign of infection which makes sense with what you describe. As for your list of questions: 1. The one time my daughter had pneumonia, she really didn't have a lot of symptoms. Tired, acted like a cold, but we knew it...
  4. K

HELP

Infiltrates are more common in CF kids. From what I understand, it can be a sign of infection which makes sense with what you describe. As for your list of questions: 1. The one time my daughter had pneumonia, she really didn't have a lot of symptoms. Tired, acted like a cold, but we knew it...
  5. K

CF Center with no insurance

We live in Georgia as well. My daughter goes to the pediatric center in Atlanta, but they are all a part of the larger Emory system. There is a social worker at the adult clinic named Shaina Blair. She seems very nice, and she would be the perfect person to help you figure this out. I think...
  6. K

CF Center with no insurance

We live in Georgia as well. My daughter goes to the pediatric center in Atlanta, but they are all a part of the larger Emory system. There is a social worker at the adult clinic named Shaina Blair. She seems very nice, and she would be the perfect person to help you figure this out. I think...
  7. K

Elevated IRT levels, trying to keep it together

Sorry to hear that her diagnosis was confirmed. It is a very stressful time trying to figure everything out and take in so much information all at once. What you described is definitely in the range of normal CF infant care. Some clinics and doctors start children very young on preventative type...
  8. K

Sorry to hear that her diagnosis was confirmed. It is a very stressful time trying to figure everything out and take in so much information all at once. What you described is definitely in the range of normal CF infant care. Some clinics and doctors start children very young on preventative type...
  9. K

10. K

Starting preschool/school

My daughter is also 3.5 years old. We started her in a half day, two days a week school last year. She loved it!That made it a little easier for me to try and let go of my worries and let her out of her "bubble", if only a little. We gave the teacher a simplified explanation of what CF is and...
  11. K

My daughter is also 3.5 years old. We started her in a half day, two days a week school last year. She loved it!That made it a little easier for me to try and let go of my worries and let her out of her "bubble", if only a little. We gave the teacher a simplified explanation of what CF is and...
  12. K

My daughter is also 3.5 years old. We started her in a half day, two days a week school last year. She loved it!That made it a little easier for me to try and let go of my worries and let her out of her "bubble", if only a little. <br /> <br />We gave the teacher a simplified explanation of...
  13. K

Keeping your child (or yourself) occupied while vesting

My daughter has been doing CPT with no issues since she was 2 weeks old. She got her vest in January, and we were really worried that she would hate it. She did great, no problems converting. She always liked to watch her favorite show while doing the vest, and we sat with her and made it a...
  14. K

My daughter has been doing CPT with no issues since she was 2 weeks old. She got her vest in January, and we were really worried that she would hate it. She did great, no problems converting. She always liked to watch her favorite show while doing the vest, and we sat with her and made it a...
  15. K

16. K

checking for cf on unborn fetus through blood test

At this stage, they couldn't test the baby unless they did CVS by taking a sample of the baby's cells from her uterus. A blood test might be used just to see if your daughter is a carrier. That is usually their first step for any pregnant woman. If she has one of the more common genes, then they...
  17. K

At this stage, they couldn't test the baby unless they did CVS by taking a sample of the baby's cells from her uterus. A blood test might be used just to see if your daughter is a carrier. That is usually their first step for any pregnant woman. If she has one of the more common genes, then they...
  18. K

19. K

Swimming in lakes

We asked our CF doctor about lakes and he kinda scolded us. He said that he absolutely did not wants us to discourage her from doing anything active or playing outside. It was good for her. He did not say that it was 100% safe, but there are bugs everywhere. Made me feel better than he wants us...
  20. K

Swimming in lakes

We asked our CF doctor about lakes and he kinda scolded us. He said that he absolutely did not wants us to discourage her from doing anything active or playing outside. It was good for her. He did not say that it was 100% safe, but there are bugs everywhere. Made me feel better than he wants us...