Search results

1. T

Durham NC possible relocate question

Thank you this helps
  2. T

Durham NC possible relocate question

My son will be starting the lung transplant evaluation process which we know we will have to move within 30 minutes of Duke if he's accepted. Does anyone know of any apartments close by? We have started looking but are only finding like hotels or really expensive condos
  3. T

looking for some advice for son Ilestomy

Thank you this helped we are now in process of trying different bags and adhesives. Also got a belt recent bag so far been on 2 days which is the longest yet so we think we are at least heading in correct direction
  4. T

looking for some advice for son Ilestomy

Not sure if anyone on tis forum has had to have this pocedure done due to blockage , my son's surgery was orig 4 days old then again when he was in Kindergarten , 4th grade they were able to move the blockage without surgery and now here he is 32 and had to have surgery. The problem is hes...
  5. T

My sweet baby girl

Am so very sorry for you loss. Prayers are with you. Your daughter sounds like she was a very strong person. Tammy
  6. T

My sweet baby girl

Am so very sorry for you loss. Prayers are with you. Your daughter sounds like she was a very strong person. Tammy
  7. T

Massages in the hospital

My daughter used to get massages once a week while in. She loved them and when she came home her aunt would come once a week. As she became sicker she had a lot of joint pain and it really helped. I learned some as well and the massage therapist would use a lavendar oil and that seemed to assist...
  8. T

Massages in the hospital

My daughter used to get massages once a week while in. She loved them and when she came home her aunt would come once a week. As she became sicker she had a lot of joint pain and it really helped. I learned some as well and the massage therapist would use a lavendar oil and that seemed to assist...
  9. T

Daughters going to Hospital Again.

<P>So sorry to hear you are going thru this, sending prayers. I can remember my son diagnosed 4 days old and from that day on it was one step forward 5 back. He was constantly in the hospital. At10 mos he went back to his birth weight of 5 lbs stomach valve surgery. Then on and off in and out of...
  10. T

Daughters going to Hospital Again.

<P>So sorry to hear you are going thru this, sending prayers. I can remember my son diagnosed 4 days old and from that day on it was one step forward 5 back. He was constantly in the hospital. At10 mos he went back to his birth weight of 5 lbs stomach valve surgery. Then on and off in and out of...
  11. T

ER Waiting Rooms

<P>I think it may depend on hospital itself . When my daughter was very young she had severe stomach pain so as cf center was about 2hrs away they had us go to local ER for x-ray I knew we would probably wait but I was checking in heard the ER nurse talking to our doctor I could tell cause she...
  12. T

ER Waiting Rooms

<P>I think it may depend on hospital itself . When my daughter was very young she had severe stomach pain so as cf center was about 2hrs away they had us go to local ER for x-ray I knew we would probably wait but I was checking in heard the ER nurse talking to our doctor I could tell cause she...
  13. T

ER Waiting Rooms

14. T

CF Sibling

<P>Although I am not a sibling my daughter at age 25 passed 060410. We explained to her 4 yro old son that she had to leave to be an angel and he did go to calling hours we explained she would be asleep in an angel box. Her decision to have her son we knew it would create serious health issues...
  15. T

CF Sibling

<P>Although I am not a sibling my daughter at age 25 passed 060410. We explained to her 4 yro old son that she had to leave to be an angel and he did go to calling hours we explained she would be asleep in an angel box. Her decision to have her son we knew it would create serious health issues...
  16. T

CF Sibling

<P><BR>Although I am not a sibling my daughter at age 25 passed 060410. We explained to her 4 yro old son that she had to leave to be an angel and he did go to calling hours we explained she would be asleep in an angel box. Her decision to have her son we knew it would create serious health...
  17. T

Working moms vs. stay at home??

<P>My first born I had no choice but to work,my ex husband was in military and just to afford formula and co payments I needed to work. We fortunatley found a woman who babysat in her home and she was only taking one . Of course the first two weeks I called her evry 20 mins or so to check in...
  18. T

<P>My first born I had no choice but to work,my ex husband was in military and just to afford formula and co payments I needed to work. We fortunatley found a woman who babysat in her home and she was only taking one . Of course the first two weeks I called her evry 20 mins or so to check in...
  19. T

<P><BR>My first born I had no choice but to work,my ex husband was in military and just to afford formula and co payments I needed to work. We fortunatley found a woman who babysat in her home and she was only taking one . Of course the first two weeks I called her evry 20 mins or so to check...
  20. T

Opening a can o' worms

<P>for those here diagnosed late in life had any other family member recentky diagnosed so that made you more aware of what your issues could be.or basically  was it more that you finally stumbled upon a doctor who pieced it all together. I guess I kind  of wonder. My  son who will be 30 this...