Search results

1. T

Durham NC possible relocate question

My son will be starting the lung transplant evaluation process which we know we will have to move within 30 minutes of Duke if he's accepted. Does anyone know of any apartments close by? We have started looking but are only finding like hotels or really expensive condos
  2. T

looking for some advice for son Ilestomy

Not sure if anyone on tis forum has had to have this pocedure done due to blockage , my son's surgery was orig 4 days old then again when he was in Kindergarten , 4th grade they were able to move the blockage without surgery and now here he is 32 and had to have surgery. The problem is hes...
  3. T

How hard is it to get to see the CF doctor in NC

My son moved to charlotte nc in Jan. He did qualify for state assistance and they did tell him he would need to see a regular doctor then get a referral for a CF doctor. OK first visit the regular doctor did a full work up blood etc, said he had some lung inflammation and put him on...
  4. T

Question Gall Bladder

anyone here with CF have theirs out?. My som is in and of course its not the hospital where CF doctor is. Anyway we thought surgery was today but surgeon saw from ultrasound taken sunday stone outside in duct so he knew he had to have scope done to remove. is that scheduled for today nope...
  5. T

Hepatits C

Our 25 yr old daughter passed on 060410 we agreed to donate tissue/organs. We did receive a letter that they could use her cornea and now we got a denial letter. Just got a call from the doctor who wanted to express his condolences and express his admiration for our daughter, single mom of 4...
  6. T

unused medicine

Our daughter passed on 060410. She could just no longer fight she made a calm decision we had her son's 5th bday party there at hospital so she could participate and she did a great job even though she was in pain. We now have some medicines that her brother can not use I know pharmacy will not...
  7. T

Yesterday we lost my sweet little princess

First I want to thank everyone for answering questions I had in the past. MY little angel passed in my arms surrounded by her dear friends and family yesterday . She leaves behind her4 year old little boy, I ask your for prayers to help Ethan along this new path without his mommy Stephanie
  8. T

son looking to move to NC Charlotte

My son is thinking of moving to NC. We are looking for any info on CF center close by to Charlotte and doctor information any good or bad experiences. Thank you
  9. T

Hearing Troubles

My daughter 24 has been on oxygen for at least 2 years, she is now on 8-10 continuous flow. Since about 6 mos ago (o2 was 5-6) we noticed that she seems to have trouble hearing. At first I thought it was cause she was hearing oxygen in candila. Our conversations usually are I say something...
  10. T

Massage Therapy

My daughter 24 with CF when she is in hospital has a massage therapist come in, her aunt is also one. At home we do chest pt and vest and my daughter kept advising she brings up more with the massage. I thought she was nuts but satrted doing more massage motion and sure enough it seems to work...
  11. T

Medical Marjuana question

If there has been a post on this subject before I apologize. Anyone out there using this. A comment was made that a person who smoked felt that contributed to their long life, weight gain etc. I know it does not have to be smoked, but does it aleeviate some cough, stress and really work to...
  12. T

Prayer request

My daughter 25 first time may be heading ICU. Please keep her in your thoughts. If she leaves us we also loose our 4 yr old grandson to his bio. father
  13. T

Cipro Question

My daughter placed on cipro for 2 weeks, it is making her cough up some stuff. She got off IV's about 1 mos ago but I think caught something else. Doctor trying cipro, her coughing spells are hard but productive and nurse says chest sounds clear. Problem is it seems to be upseting her stomach...
  14. T

Single Moms /Permancy Plan and making provisions so child can see grandparents

My daughter has CF and is a single mom. The child's father lives out of state does pay support but dos not stay in touch too much. She wants to make a plan as her health is failing unfortunaltey the child's father has decided baby should come to him out of state and has made it very clear...