Search results

1. M

What to do when G-tube doesn't help

Well first What do the doctors say? why do they think he is nit tollerating it? a motility issue? Is he on Motility meds at all what is the rate he runs at? And what formula/supplement? all these can have an affect and can be played with to fond something that works. Also u can run the feeds at...
  2. M

Lobectomy left lingular removal

Hi I'm posting for a friend who also has a child with cf. She has a 5 year old son who has chronic pneumonia in the left lingular. It has been suggested to them by the cf team we share for him to have it removed via lobectomy. Our hospital does not do lobectomies and they are not really being...
  3. M

Lobectomy left lingular removal

Hi I'm posting for a friend who also has a child with cf. She has a 5 year old son who has chronic pneumonia in the left lingular. It has been suggested to them by the cf team we share for him to have it removed via lobectomy. Our hospital does not do lobectomies and they are not really being...
  4. M

Cayston for younger children and toddlers

I think Tobi is not usually used to get rid of PA it is actually used to treat colonization just kinda keep things at bay.But have herd of people actually having it go away.. Is there a reason they are concerned about your sons liver and hearing? Does he already have issues with it. If not I...
  5. M

I thinkTobi is not usually used to get rid of PA it is actually used to treat colonization just kinda keep things at bay.But have herd of people actually having it go away.. Is there a reason they are concerned about your sons liver and hearing? Does he already have issues with it. If not I...
  6. M

<p>I thinkTobi is not usually used to get rid of PA it is actually used to treat colonization just kinda keep things at bay.But have herd of people actually having it go away.. Is there a reason they are concerned about your sons liver and hearing? Does he already have issues with it. If not I...
  7. M

HELP!! CAYSTON

OK we just got my daughters very first shipment of Cayston... It all looks a bit overwhelming right now. Im sure once I read through the directions I will figure it out. But I have a question. Are you suppose to give a dose of albuterol before the Cayston???? Her morning dose and evening dose...
  8. M

HELP!! CAYSTON

OK we just got my daughters very first shipment of Cayston... It all looks a bit overwhelming right now. Im sure once I read through the directions I will figure it out. But I have a question. Are you suppose to give a dose of albuterol before the Cayston???? Her morning dose and evening dose...
  9. M

HELP!! CAYSTON

OK we just got my daughters very first shipment of Cayston... It all looks a bit overwhelming right now. Im sure once I read through the directions I will figure it out. But I have a question. <br /> <br />Are you suppose to give a dose of albuterol before the Cayston???? Her morning dose and...
  10. M

Improving lung Function

Hi Leah, Great sugestions but she is on all. She is on Albuterol 2-4 times a day Pulmozyme 2 xs a day Hypertonic saline 2-3 times a day Tobi and Yes she is on Advair and Zithromax M-W-F has been on all of them for years. She does have an improvement with the Bronciodialator but not the 15% to...
  11. M

Improving lung Function

Hi Leah, Great sugestions but she is on all. She is on Albuterol 2-4 times a day Pulmozyme 2 xs a day Hypertonic saline 2-3 times a day Tobi and Yes she is on Advair and Zithromax M-W-F has been on all of them for years. She does have an improvement with the Bronciodialator but not the 15% to...
  12. M

Improving lung Function

Hi Leah, <br /> <br /> Great sugestions but she is on all. She is on Albuterol 2-4 times a day Pulmozyme 2 xs a day Hypertonic saline 2-3 times a day Tobi and Yes she is on Advair and Zithromax M-W-F has been on all of them for years. She does have an improvement with the Bronciodialator but not...
  13. M

Improving Lung Function in Child

Hi everyone, I dont post much but I have a soon to be 11 yearold daughter with CF. Since Jan of this year she has had a rapid decrease in overall lung function. In the last 3 1/2 months she has been on 3 weeks of oral bactrim, 2 weeks of oral levequin and 1 week of oral steroids. She has also...
  14. M

Hi everyone, I dont post much but I have a soon to be 11 yearold daughter with CF. Since Jan of this year she has had a rapid decrease in overall lung function. In the last 3 1/2 months she has been on 3 weeks of oral bactrim, 2 weeks of oral levequin and 1 week of oral steroids. She has also...
  15. M

Hi everyone, <br /> <br />I dont post much but I have a soon to be 11 yearold daughter with CF. Since Jan of this year she has had a rapid decrease in overall lung function. In the last 3 1/2 months she has been on 3 weeks of oral bactrim, 2 weeks of oral levequin and 1 week of oral steroids...
  16. M

Improving lung Function

17. M

Improving lung Function

18. M

Improving lung Function

Hi everyone, <br /> <br />I dont post much but I have a soon to be 11 yearold daughter with CF. Since Jan of this year she has had a rapid decrease in overall lung function. In the last 3 1/2 months she has been on 3 weeks of oral bactrim, 2 weeks of oral levequin and 1 week of oral steroids...
  19. M

Anyone having trouble with their hospital

Our Hospital/ Clinic is pretty good about infection control. I agree if these issues can not be resolved I would look into another clinic. The one thing I would have to disagree with is you allowing your child to even be in the same room "playing" with others with CF. Cross infection is a proven...
  20. M

Anyone having trouble with their hospital

Our Hospital/ Clinic is pretty good about infection control. I agree if these issues can not be resolved I would look into another clinic. The one thing I would have to disagree with is you allowing your child to even be in the same room "playing" with others with CF. Cross infection is a proven...