Search results

1. C

Gross, embarrassing things that come with CF!

Coughing so hard that you puke at times. Once happened at Thanksgiving dinner. Ugh, so embarrassing. I usually have warning before it comes up but not that time.
  2. C

What do you say to your child when he says he wishes he were normal?

Be careful when telling your child it could be worse. There is a fine line between trying to show him/her their blessings and belittling their feelings. Every time I was told "well it could be worse" by my family growing up, it would make me feel like they thought I didn't have a right to be...
  3. C

In CF denial?

Hannahj1d- Thank you for sharing. I am much the same way. I am 20 and have trouble getting myself to do my treatments. I'm glad I'm not as alone as I've felt in the world of empowered CF fighters. I have always wondered how people got themselves to do every single treatment, and remember every...
  4. C

Rude Hospital Nurses

I have had to deal with rude nurses a lot (I've got some funny stories about it now because when I wasn't feeling well I would let the nurse know right away that her attitude was not welcome around me and to check it at the door). You need to know up front what you are expected to know and what...
  5. C

Port Questions and Memory Loss

I've had the same port for about 5 years now and I love it. Just realize that it doesn't mean no more IVs it just means a lot less (I had a rude wake up call about that last time i was in the hospital). I don't even remember most of the pain that I had and the flushes don't hurt at all anymore...
  6. C

Port Questions and Memory Loss

I've had the same port for about 5 years now and I love it. Just realize that it doesn't mean no more IVs it just means a lot less (I had a rude wake up call about that last time i was in the hospital). I don't even remember most of the pain that I had and the flushes don't hurt at all anymore...
  7. C

What song do you relate your CF fight to

Someone mentioned ealier about Genetic Imancipation from Repo: the Genetic Opera but I think Infected would be a better song from there. I'm infected by your genetics I'm infected by your genetics And I don't think that I can be fixed No, I don't think that I can be fixed Tell me why, oh why...