Search results

1. M

Potential Mom to be!! Any Feedback and Advice Wellcom!

I know this is a couple months old, I've been off the forums for a while, so sorry for being late. I have had two babies, one in 2015 and the other in 2017. My FEV1 is around 58%, but it's been steady for over 10 years with only a few infections. Both times I got pregnant through IUI. Thick...
  2. M

Feeding tube advice

I got a g-tube when I was 8. My parents resisted for a long time, but after I got the tube I gained a lot of weight, meals were no longer epic battles, and I had more energy and felt better. My life is better because of it. I haven't had any major issues, and I've used a g-tube over 20 years...
  3. M

twins

Congrats! I'm glad you get to enjoy this special season with your babies at home.
  4. M

medications while pregnant

It is hard to find time to do everything. Right now I'm not exercising much, but I have never exercised as much as I should, so I can't blame that all on the baby. Breastfeeding has given me an appetite, but mostly I'm able to maintain my weight because of my feeding tube, which is kinda...
  5. M

Thanks. We're doing great. My baby is 6 weeks old now. So far I've stayed healthy and have maintained my weight. Baby girl is growing bigger every day.
  6. M

Thanks for the update alfie. Did you say babies? Are you expecting twins?! So exciting.
  7. M

My baby is here!

She is our first. Her daddy and I are just thrilled.
  8. M

My baby is here!

Jane Caterina August 24, 2015 6 lb 7 oz Delivery went smoothly and I'm recovering nicely. We're home now and doing well. Now I'm just trying to eat like crazy so I can keep my weight up so I can continue to breastfeed.
  9. M

twins

When I was first pregnant, I went over my drug list with the pharmacist at my CF clinic. We talked about each drug, why it was important, and whether it made sense to keep taking it, change to a different safer drug, or stop taking it. I felt better about the drugs I'm on after going over the...
  10. M

twins

Congrats! I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant, but only with one, so can't give any twin-related advice. I'm very excited for my baby, but that didn't stop me from being very anxious, especially for the first half of my pregnancy. So I understand the excited yet worried feeling. It's been a roller...
  11. M

Alfie--Thanks for the congrats. I'm very excited for this baby. This is my first pregnancy. The first trimester was rough since I kept getting sick while at the same time I was dealing with morning sickness and having no energy ever. But the second trimester treated me wonderfully. I have had...
  12. M

Of all my drugs, my doctor let me choose whether to stay on zithromax or not. At first I stopped it (why take more drugs than necessary while pregnant?) But I kept getting cold after cold my first trimester, followed by the flu. My lungs needed all the help that they could get after that, so the...
  13. M

Survey results Qualitative You Matter...

My mom. She was my first caregiver, and her dedication to my health helped me realize the importance of all my daily treatments. When I was a kid, my mom would do CPT 2-3 times a day. When I moved on to the thera-pep, and later the vest, remembering all those hours my mom spent with me doing my...
  14. M

Good battery powered Compressor

I have the Pari trek, and for the price it's great. Treatments don't really take longer in my experience (but my at-home compressor is getting kind of old). It overheats fast, so sometimes it can be hard to do a full set of treatments. It's usually good for 20 or so minutes and then it will need...
  15. M

Port questions

Windex--that's a long-lasting port! I love to hear of ports lasting a long time.
  16. M

Port questions

I have had my port for almost 10 years now. It's right beneath my right collar bone, and it sticks out quite a bit. When I first got it, I got rid of any clothes that didn't cover it. It is bigger than I expected it to be, and the scar beneath it is quite fat. After a while though, I was able to...
  17. M

Iui

All three of my cycles were with femara and ovidrel.
  18. M

Iui

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant. We had a successful third round of IUI using femera and ovidril to trigger. Infertility can be so frustrating. I'm hoping that finding the right combination of drugs works for you. Best of luck!
  19. M

CF Center Boise

Thank you. Knowing even a little bit about the clinic helps ease my worries.
  20. M

CF Center Boise

Thank you so much. I guess a big concern of mine is that the clinic seems to be pretty new. It made me worried maybe they hadn't worked out a good routine yet. Do they seem like they have everything put together, or do they seem like they're still figuring things out? I'm glad to hear that...