Search results

1. M

Being a more efficient parent.

I posted this under Families / Time Management. But also wanted to ask the question from a different angle - <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">Looking for tips on managing your day with 2 lpwcf in the house. Where both parents work...
  2. M

Familiy member with MRSA

<div id="BlogBody"> My mother has had pneumonia in the last few months and just had a bronchoscopy as part of her follow-up procedures. The results of her labs came back today saying that she has MRSA in her lung. She is going to start treatment straight away. My question is how long...
  3. M

More nebs or straight to IVs for a 3 yr old?

Anyone with any experience of pseudomonas in younger children (silly question on a CF page I suppose)? Our 3yr old appears to have a stronger growth now than before he started on Tobi and Ciproxin for pseudo. Doctors suggestions are try Colomycin or move straight to 2 weeks of IVs. We'd...
  4. M

Starting school

Has anyone got any tips on how to do meds and treatments quickly in the morning? I'm thinking especially for young pwcf that are just starting school.And how would you balance getting other children ready at same time?
  5. M

Bathroom hygiene

Hi, this is probably an odd question but we have a jacuzzi/ whirlpool type bath that came with our home when we moved in. I've often read about the risks of pseudomonas from standing water/ in the bathroom etc. We don't use the jets for a bath or even power it on but am still wondering if we...
  6. M

prophylactic antibiotics - yes or no ?

have been advised by medical team to put our lpwcf on flucloxacillin for 2 yrs as a prophylactic antibiotic. worried that this could result in greater risk of culturing pseudomonas at an early stage. what are the experiences of parents with babies/toddlers in same situation?
  7. M

Echogenic bowel?

Didn't want to start a new thread but couldn't find any details in search- my wife went for a 36 week scan today and it highlighted a bowel abnormaility - echogenic bowel ?????/prominent fetal bowel - has anyone come across that during pregnancy and was it an indicator that the child would have...