Search results

1. S

How did your decline go?

The changes in how I'm feeling overall since my last hospital stay feel drastic, however right now my numbers don't really reflect that. I'm the past usually what would happen would be I would suddenly get sick with something (cold, flu, whatever), cough a ton, get to my couch out of breath...
  2. S

Jury Duty and CF

Recently a family member got arrested so I started searching around websites for warrant look-ups and found that my name pop'd up. The only thing I can think of is missing a Jury Summons, and I guess it would make sense since my last summons was over seven years ago. I was going to go to the...
  3. S

When do you need Oxygen?

Lately my Oxygen levels I have been testing with my home sat machine have been declining and I am worried about what to do. I was in the hospital about 6 months ago and I hate to say it but its probably time to go in again, but what else can improve Oxygen levels in the body? Any medications...
  4. S

Treating MRSA

<P>What medications, if any, are currently being used to treat MRSA that can be taken for an extended period of time? </P> <P> </P> <P>Besides the usual CF mucus stuff, the only thing I really ever culture continuously is MRSA. </P> <P> </P> <P>I know at one point they were doing a trial on...
  5. S

Treating MRSA

<P>What medications, if any, are currently being used to treat MRSA that can be taken for an extended period of time? </P> <P> </P> <P>Besides the usual CF mucus stuff, the only thing I really ever culture continuously is MRSA. </P> <P> </P> <P>I know at one point they were doing a trial on...
  6. S

Tumeric

So I've been looking at my cultures and for the most part I only suffer from MRSA (or at least that is all that has been showing up for the past year or so). I've had MRSA since I was like 14 and spent a good three-four years with it extremely healthy, but now that I'm older maybe it developed...
  7. S

Sugar

So I've been browsing the internet some more and found this page that linked sugar to increased mucus production. It said something to the affect that when you intake sugar your body goes through a phase of osmosis to balance out the chemicals. Lately I've been staying away from dairy due to...
  8. S

What should I do

During the last 4 months I've been back on inhaled tobi but it seems every time it is my "on" month my ears get plugged up. It is kind of odd to me since I don't think I had any hearing issues as a child while being on tobi but maybe it can change as you grow older? I am going to go back in...
  9. S

Anyone treated for normal upper respiratory flora?

So I was looking at my test results and it seems that the times I feel the worst are when my normal upper respiratory flora levels are reported to be "heavy growth" (HEAVY GROWTH NORMAL UPPER RESPIRATORY FLORA ISOLATED). From what I read so far (correct me if I'm wrong please) the normal upper...
  10. S

Careers

I was just curious as to what careers you guys have. The only jobs I really had was when I was a teenager to help pay for car insurance and that was when I had a 99% above lung function. Then I worked as a lifeguard/soccer ref. Now I have a few years of college under my belt but I am still not...
  11. S

CF and Siblings

Heh It seems I most often visit this site when I'm sick, I gotta change that. Anyways, while browsing the internet, procrastinating my vest treatment because of the coughing fit that is sure to ensue, I came across an article (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge...
  12. S

Tobramycin

I am a 21 year old w/ CF and was wondering what side effects people experienced while taking inhaled tobramycin. <i>Feel free to skip right to the survey questions, the next few paragraphs are just about why I am asking these questions.</i> I've been having quite a problem with compliance on...