Search results

1. T

G-Tube Button options

If anyone who follows me and/or g-tube posts you know I am continuosly battling mine.   I feel like mine is constantly leaking and so it is always always irritated from the stomach acid. My doctor told me to "take more prevacid" as a solution. I am not super happy with that b/c obviously he has...
  2. T

CountryGirl passed away

Hi all, I have been friends with Anna on FB and am in a group with her sister as well. Liza, her mom, is very active on this site, so I was waiting for Liza to post the topic out of respect, but I figure this site might not be something they want to come to at the moment so I thought I would...
  3. T

Transplants and Trust Funds

Ive done some research slightly, but transplant has become more of a pressing issue (not listed but seems inevitable in the near-ish future). I get SSDI and SSI and I know a regular trust fund will screw one or both of those up (I cant remember which) b/c it will be countable income (which...
  4. T

Living with boyfriend

So I moved in with my boyfriend/fiancee (finally) and I just called SS to change my address and living situation (I was alone for a year and a half). I just wonder, though we dont consider ourselves even un-legally married, can the gov't do anything b/c I am living with a boyfriend? I still...
  5. T

What does pnuemonia feel like

Just wondering. I have been having a lot of pain in my chest, just like in general with breathing lately. Normally its worst when I wake up and tends to get better with treatments and during the day, but night and mornings are hard. Also every joint feels like it hurts, my tendons, some...
  6. T

G-tube and stomach acid

Hello all, Yet again, another g-tube question haha. I finally got this sucker to heal for the most part, and not have granulation tissue (but in the process I have stopped feeds). Anyways, just the past two days or so, the site has really began to hurt like if the button is touched either by my...
  7. T

G-tube and stomach acid

Hello all, Yet again, another g-tube question haha. I finally got this sucker to heal for the most part, and not have granulation tissue (but in the process I have stopped feeds). Anyways, just the past two days or so, the site has really began to hurt like if the button is touched either by my...
  8. T

G-tube and insomnia

I am starting to think that getting food overnight is giving me some extra energy... after I got the g-tube and starting using it it took about about 1-2 weeks but suddenly I would be up all night or at least till 2 but most of the time 3-6 am. I stopped for about 3 weeks, during a time I was...
  9. T

NAC first dose!

Just finished glass one in a glass of grape juice... have a couple questions 1) Does it matter how much liquid you dissolve it in? 2) There is some discussion as to "life" of the NAC, how important to wait till all fizzy gone? 3) The new Bioadvantex is 900 mg, is it still 3 times a day, or...
  10. T

"New Doctor"

Hey just wondering if anyone had any experiences with him and what they liked, disliked with his style. He is starting an adult CF clinic here in my town and I am the "inaugural" patient, so the team was pretty enthusiastic as far as treating me. I see a local pulm doctor who coordinates...
  11. T

G-Tube solved

So long story short, at least for now, because I am beyond frustrated with the entire situation, as far as the GI doctor and office that put it in... I have "granulated tissue"... I am trying to get in to get it "coterized" (No idea how to spell that). Otherwise you use silver nitrate sticks on...
  12. T

Herpes aka Cold Sores

Okay, I have always gotton cold sores and/or fever blisters since I can remember. My mom has always gotten them too. When I got to junior high age-ish of course I read about genital herpes and eventually found out there are two types of herpes, BUT you can spread them from either site (mouth or...
  13. T

Piper gets another call

Saw on facebook she's been called in about 3 hours ago. Pray this will happen and have amazing results and recovery. Her blog for updates <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://amatteroflifeandbreath.blogspot.com">Pipers blog</a>
  14. T

G-Tube tenderness

I did some research on g-tubes before I got mine, but I am looking for more personal experiences. I am still pretty sore even after bout 72 hours after it being placed... so I was wondering about average time to not feel it in the muscles anymore? I am also pretty irritated b/c while I was on...
  15. T

Praying for Eva (65_redroses)

Please pray for her comfort and peace as well as for her family and everyone else who "knows" her and loves her. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://65redroses.livejournal.com">Eva's Blog</a> Please leave comments for her there, so she for sure gets to read or hear...
  16. T

Questions

So I started doing sinus flushes about a year ago. I was told that it didnt matter too much as far as steriliztion goes between distilled and tap water and that you wouldnt use tap water mainly b/c of the minerals affecting the sinus's if the water is hard. Well I cultured b. cep not long...
  17. T

SSDI, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid

I have been researching, and talking to an out of state social worker (somewhat) The prominent issue is insurance. First I thought I had to be in school to remain on my parents insurance, then we found out that NV is a state where my parents insurance has to keep me if disabled. I get SSD and...
  18. T

o2 sats

Hi, joined boards a month or so ago, and a few days ago went to my "local" "cf" (really a plain pulmonologist) doctor for a monthly check up. I had started an exercise program about 3 weeks ago, did it faithfully for 2 weeks then the 3rd week was finals (no time to exercise, barely eating and...