2 yr old with Psyhio

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>AlysasDad</b></i>

I know that there is a machine out there that she can use but I dont know if she is old enough for.
</end quote></div>

After 12 months, she's not too young.

Tell your doc you want a Respirtech Vest ordered immediately if not sooner (www.respirtech.com)

Her lungs will be healthier for it

NoExcuses

I know that there is a machine out there that she can use but I dont know if she is old enough for.
</end quote></div>

Tell your doc you want a Respirtech Vest ordered immediately if not sooner (www.respirtech.com)

NoExcuses

</end quote>

NoExcuses

</end quote>

dyza

We also have a fighting 2 year old when it comes to physio. Funnily enough, he struggles more when I do it rather than his mother. You just have to get on with it, and what she may find amusing one day while doing physio, the next day she will scream and fight at.
Many a time this has left me in tears, and for a time I left the physio to his mother to do.
We do not have the 'vest' readily available here in Scotland, so we supplement the physio with plenty of exercise, he has a trampoline and other bouncy toys, also has a set of whistles that he loves to blow.
check my blog for the whistles.

Good luck, and if you find a new way of amusing them during physio, please let me know.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://blogs.cysticfibrosis.com/blogpost.cfm?threadid=17472&catid=138
">http://blogs.cysticfibrosis.co...eadid=17472&catid=138
</a>this is link to whistles.

dyza

We also have a fighting 2 year old when it comes to physio. Funnily enough, he struggles more when I do it rather than his mother. You just have to get on with it, and what she may find amusing one day while doing physio, the next day she will scream and fight at.
Many a time this has left me in tears, and for a time I left the physio to his mother to do.
We do not have the 'vest' readily available here in Scotland, so we supplement the physio with plenty of exercise, he has a trampoline and other bouncy toys, also has a set of whistles that he loves to blow.

Good luck, and if you find a new way of amusing them during physio, please let me know.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://blogs.cysticfibrosis.com/blogpost.cfm?threadid=17472&catid=138

dyza

dyza

dyza

dyza

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>dyza</b></i>

Good luck, and if you find a new way of amusing them during physio, please let me know.</end quote></div>

I used to sing the halleluiah chorus in a loud falsetto, replacing my sons name with the Halleluiah portion. It'd drown out his initial protests (cries) and I think it shocked to poor kid into being quiet. Once in awhile I'll sing it just to torment him -- get even for times I had to endure Barney.

Best thing we did; however, was get a portable DVD player. That way he could watch whatever he wanted while we were beating him and we could watch the news or something much more interesting for us.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Good luck, and if you find a new way of amusing them during physio, please let me know.</end quote></div>

I used to sing the halleluiah chorus in a loud falsetto, replacing my sons name with the Halleluiah portion. It'd drown out his initial protests (cries) and I think it shocked to poor kid into being quiet. Once in awhile I'll sing it just to torment him -- get even for times I had to endure Barney.

Best thing we did; however, was get a portable DVD player. That way he could watch whatever he wanted while we were beating him and we could watch the news or something much more interesting for us.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Good luck, and if you find a new way of amusing them during physio, please let me know.</end quote>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Good luck, and if you find a new way of amusing them during physio, please let me know.</end quote>

M

Mommafirst

I would highly suggest asking about and getting the vest. My Alyssa was impossible, we could only get in physio if we carried her in our arms and did the pounding with the other arm -- twelve minutes felt like hours and my arms were super tired. Otherwise she'd cry, scream and freak. The vest has been such a help for our life.

An other thing that worked for us before we got the vest or when I want to do manual PT, we bought a big exercise ball and I sit her on it. She bounces up and down, like a trampoline, and I do basic pats. But the PT told us, even just the bouncing would be sufficient for physio -- that in many countries CFers get trampolines for their PT.

M

Mommafirst

I would highly suggest asking about and getting the vest. My Alyssa was impossible, we could only get in physio if we carried her in our arms and did the pounding with the other arm -- twelve minutes felt like hours and my arms were super tired. Otherwise she'd cry, scream and freak. The vest has been such a help for our life.

An other thing that worked for us before we got the vest or when I want to do manual PT, we bought a big exercise ball and I sit her on it. She bounces up and down, like a trampoline, and I do basic pats. But the PT told us, even just the bouncing would be sufficient for physio -- that in many countries CFers get trampolines for their PT.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst