2 yr old with Psyhio

AlysasDad

My Daughter is 2 and it is so hard for my wife and I to complete her psyhio everyday, she puts up such fuss, I dont want her to hate doing this I want her to want to do this, but it doesn't matter what I do it doesn't help! We have tired sitting in front of her favourite movie, or Tv show, I know that there is a machine out there that she can use but I dont know if she is old enough for. Any hints would be helpful thank you!

Alysa's Dad

AlysasDad

My Daughter is 2 and it is so hard for my wife and I to complete her psyhio everyday, she puts up such fuss, I dont want her to hate doing this I want her to want to do this, but it doesn't matter what I do it doesn't help! We have tired sitting in front of her favourite movie, or Tv show, I know that there is a machine out there that she can use but I dont know if she is old enough for. Any hints would be helpful thank you!

Alysa's Dad

AlysasDad

Alysa's Dad

AlysasDad

Alysa's Dad

AlysasDad

Alysa's Dad

AlysasDad

Alysa's Dad

ktsmom

Some of this is her age, but I know that doesn't help. The constant battles, when all you are trying to do is help her stay healthy.

You are talking about the vest (various manufacturers - Hillrom, Incourage/Respirtech) and no, I don't think she is too young. The trick might be getting your doc to prescribe it and your insurance to cover it. However, these are things that can be accomplished with determination and persistence. Many others will chime in here and give you some tips. We personally had no problems with the doc or our insurance and we do have a vest for our daughter. Best of wishes to you, and lots and lots of patience!

ktsmom

Some of this is her age, but I know that doesn't help. The constant battles, when all you are trying to do is help her stay healthy.

You are talking about the vest (various manufacturers - Hillrom, Incourage/Respirtech) and no, I don't think she is too young. The trick might be getting your doc to prescribe it and your insurance to cover it. However, these are things that can be accomplished with determination and persistence. Many others will chime in here and give you some tips. We personally had no problems with the doc or our insurance and we do have a vest for our daughter. Best of wishes to you, and lots and lots of patience!

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
That was about the age DS started to give us fits. Basically one of us beat him while the other held the nebulizer, sang or visited with him. Used to sing old McDonald over and over and over. The other thing we did -- swore I would never ever allow barney in our home before we had kids. I purchased a Barney (evil purple dinosaur) video for him to watch. Torture for us as parents, but he loved it, so well worth it. We also endured tellytubbies and some horrific thing called "wee sing silly songs". Thank goodness these days we have a vest AND he likes watching spongebob and some of the same movies or shows we like. Last month he was into watching Star Wars movies, last week it was Taledagah Nights.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
That was about the age DS started to give us fits. Basically one of us beat him while the other held the nebulizer, sang or visited with him. Used to sing old McDonald over and over and over. The other thing we did -- swore I would never ever allow barney in our home before we had kids. I purchased a Barney (evil purple dinosaur) video for him to watch. Torture for us as parents, but he loved it, so well worth it. We also endured tellytubbies and some horrific thing called "wee sing silly songs". Thank goodness these days we have a vest AND he likes watching spongebob and some of the same movies or shows we like. Last month he was into watching Star Wars movies, last week it was Taledagah Nights.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>AlysasDad</b></i>

I know that there is a machine out there that she can use but I dont know if she is old enough for.
</end quote></div>

After 12 months, she's not too young.

Tell your doc you want a Respirtech Vest ordered immediately if not sooner (www.respirtech.com)

Her lungs will be healthier for it

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>AlysasDad</b></i>

I know that there is a machine out there that she can use but I dont know if she is old enough for.
</end quote></div>

After 12 months, she's not too young.

Tell your doc you want a Respirtech Vest ordered immediately if not sooner (www.respirtech.com)

Her lungs will be healthier for it