24 year old man engaged to a "CF'er"

Transplantmommy

24 year old man engaged to a "CF'er

I saw that it was an old post before I eve started typing but I thought that I could reply and help others!!!

Transplantmommy

I saw that it was an old post before I eve started typing but I thought that I could reply and help others!!!

Transplantmommy

13mlr

If you think that the relationship is to much of a strain then you should probably think about the future. What if her health gets better or worse, what about if you can or can't have kids? Would you still be in there for the long haul. You should sit down with your fiance and discuss these things. Also think about the amount of stress on your body so go see your doctor. Also the money it takes to support a healthy CFer let alone a sick one is a lot. The meds, food, hospital stays, and anything else is really expensive.

P.S. I hope this helps you.

15 w/ CF

13mlr

If you think that the relationship is to much of a strain then you should probably think about the future. What if her health gets better or worse, what about if you can or can't have kids? Would you still be in there for the long haul. You should sit down with your fiance and discuss these things. Also think about the amount of stress on your body so go see your doctor. Also the money it takes to support a healthy CFer let alone a sick one is a lot. The meds, food, hospital stays, and anything else is really expensive.

15 w/ CF

13mlr

15 w/ CF

13mlr

15 w/ CF

13mlr

<br />
<br />P.S. I hope this helps you.
<br />
<br />15 w/ CF

cutecurlz4U

does the pain happen right after she eats, if so does she still have her gallbladder? I had mine out 13 yrs ago cause I had the most unbearable pain..gallbladder gone pain gone.

But now Ihave a different pain...to the point where I am in the fetal position and crying. This is because I can't have a bowel movement so things get backed up. Suppositories dont work. Ppl with CF have to treat blockages from the top and not the bottom. My advice to her would be to take a laxative everyday...I use BENEFIBRE. I mix it with juice everyday and it seems to be keeping things moving so far....good luck!

cutecurlz4U

does the pain happen right after she eats, if so does she still have her gallbladder? I had mine out 13 yrs ago cause I had the most unbearable pain..gallbladder gone pain gone.

But now Ihave a different pain...to the point where I am in the fetal position and crying. This is because I can't have a bowel movement so things get backed up. Suppositories dont work. Ppl with CF have to treat blockages from the top and not the bottom. My advice to her would be to take a laxative everyday...I use BENEFIBRE. I mix it with juice everyday and it seems to be keeping things moving so far....good luck!

cutecurlz4U

cutecurlz4U

cutecurlz4U

<br />
<br />But now Ihave a different pain...to the point where I am in the fetal position and crying. This is because I can't have a bowel movement so things get backed up. Suppositories dont work. Ppl with CF have to treat blockages from the top and not the bottom. My advice to her would be to take a laxative everyday...I use BENEFIBRE. I mix it with juice everyday and it seems to be keeping things moving so far....good luck!

thefrogprincess

RE:24 year old man engaged to a "CF'er"

Hey, sorry to hear that you are having such tough times. BUt I am glad that you are seeking help, that is a positive step, somethint my exhusband was not willing to do.

I live in the Seattle are too (Everett) and was wondering if she is seen at the UW for her CF? I would recommend give the social worker there a call to see if she can point you in the direction you are needing to go. If you need the phone # to her I can give it to you, just PM me.

thefrogprincess

Hey, sorry to hear that you are having such tough times. BUt I am glad that you are seeking help, that is a positive step, somethint my exhusband was not willing to do.

I live in the Seattle are too (Everett) and was wondering if she is seen at the UW for her CF? I would recommend give the social worker there a call to see if she can point you in the direction you are needing to go. If you need the phone # to her I can give it to you, just PM me.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />I live in the Seattle are too (Everett) and was wondering if she is seen at the UW for her CF? I would recommend give the social worker there a call to see if she can point you in the direction you are needing to go. If you need the phone # to her I can give it to you, just PM me.

bagged2drag

Some friendly advice: If you are unsure about your future with someone with cf, you need to make a decision. It is not fair to either yourself or your mate if you just string along just because you are unsure of what you want. That will cause more pain in the long run than just calling it quits now if that's what you think it will come to. I say this because I was in a relationship similar. I would rather have had an honest "I don't know if I can handle this" than just trying to make it work for the sake of making it work. If you're having second thoughts now when there is no major problems, how can you handle the relationship if something serious does come up?

bagged2drag

Some friendly advice: If you are unsure about your future with someone with cf, you need to make a decision. It is not fair to either yourself or your mate if you just string along just because you are unsure of what you want. That will cause more pain in the long run than just calling it quits now if that's what you think it will come to. I say this because I was in a relationship similar. I would rather have had an honest "I don't know if I can handle this" than just trying to make it work for the sake of making it work. If you're having second thoughts now when there is no major problems, how can you handle the relationship if something serious does come up?