29M, Low RBC, Hematocrit, and Hemoglobin Levels and Fatigued

ubuffman2001

No, unfortunately they haven't.  The family doctor I see, not being that familiar with CF immediately jumped the gun and thought it was stress or depression.  I have been suffering from it for 5 years, in periods with and without stress.  I would be willing to try an antidepressant to see if there is any benefit though.
The only 2 times where there was a substantial improvement in my sleep, and again for only about 2 days, was when I received IV meds voluntarily for a sinus infection (zosyn) and when I took a 325mg iron sulfate pill at night.  I still woke up tired on the pill, but when I took a nap for an hour and woke up, I worked for 6-7 hours straight on some reading.

ubuffman2001

No, unfortunately they haven't. The family doctor I see, not being that familiar with CF immediately jumped the gun and thought it was stress or depression. I have been suffering from it for 5 years, in periods with and without stress. I would be willing to try an antidepressant to see if there is any benefit though.
The only 2 times where there was a substantial improvement in my sleep, and again for only about 2 days, was when I received IV meds voluntarily for a sinus infection (zosyn) and when I took a 325mg iron sulfate pill at night. I still woke up tired on the pill, but when I took a nap for an hour and woke up, I worked for 6-7 hours straight on some reading.

ubuffman2001

<p>No, unfortunately they haven't. The family doctor I see, not being that familiar with CF immediately jumped the gun and thought it was stress or depression. I have been suffering from it for 5 years, in periods with and without stress. I would be willing to try an antidepressant to see if there is any benefit though.
<p>The only 2 times where there was a substantial improvement in my sleep, and again for only about 2 days, was when I received IV meds voluntarily for a sinus infection (zosyn) and when I took a 325mg iron sulfate pill at night. I still woke up tired on the pill, but when I took a nap for an hour and woke up, I worked for 6-7 hours straight on some reading.

cnsky54RRT

Just FYI, a normal sat on a meter can be deceiving. If you only had one red blood cell in your whole body and it had four oxygen molecules attached to it, you would be at 100% saturation but quite nonfunctional. The key to the fatigue is not enough hemoglobins carrying oxygen around. It would be interesting to know if you have a small bleed somewhere that is losing RBCs into your gut, or if your bones are not producing quite enough reds.

cnsky54RRT

Just FYI, a normal sat on a meter can be deceiving. If you only had one red blood cell in your whole body and it had four oxygen molecules attached to it, you would be at 100% saturation but quite nonfunctional. The key to the fatigue is not enough hemoglobins carrying oxygen around. It would be interesting to know if you have a small bleed somewhere that is losing RBCs into your gut, or if your bones are not producing quite enough reds.

cnsky54RRT