3 y/o post lap chole

tysmama

Just checking how many have dealt with their kiddos having a cholecystectomy?? My 3 y/o son had his gall bladder removed at the end if October after having many issues eating. Biopsy showed chronic inflammation. Surgeon said this was common with CF kiddos. since surgery he is having some biliary spasms and severe back pain intermittently. His appetite is better overall, but wondering how long this might go on. He is on Levsin to help with the pain. Just checking to see how everyone's else's kids faired afterwards.

Gammaw

Super Moderator
I see that no one responded to your post? My son had his gallbladder removed at 2 months old. He already had a stone and when they went in for another procedure they removed his gallbladder without even asking us when they found the stone. He had no pain afterwards of which we were aware. He's 8 now and has never had a problem with it. I would be uncomfortable under your circumstances, especially if he's still having issues. Can you check with another surgeon or Gastroenterologist?