7yrs old with very low oxeygen

anonymous

my daughter is 7yrsold has cf and she had bad infecion in her lung and she was treated from it with very high doses of antibiotics in the iv but now she is suffering from very low oxygen in room air she is 77 her doctor did not have any answer for me how can i make her oxygen get abit better without needing an oxygen for the whole time please help me she almost blue if she took off the oxygen for few minutes

JazzysMom

I had similiar problems recently that kept me in the hospital for 3 weeks. I found that in order to get off the oxyegn & keep my O2 saturation up was with massage. In the beginning I had to wear the oxygen because I was lying flat & the therapist was really working on the airways. Withing a few days I didnt use the O2 & I could feel the airways opening. The therapist that did the massage also did my treatments so she could tell with her fingers (she had magical fingers) had to move the sputum, when it moved & just about everytime the airways closed up. The hospital I go to in NYC is well known for their therapy so I am not sure everyone has the magical fingers available to them, but even a home massage might help. Our bodies go through a lot & need to be pampered even when we are kids.

anonymous

Wow that is wild. I'm sure we would all like to knnow more aout it. What kind of massage is it? Cost? Thanks. Becky in mich

JazzysMom

Its just a general (sometimes deep tissue depending on your body/needs) therapeutic, relaxing massage using oils. There are different oils for different things. When I spoke with the therapists at the hospital about it, they said they learned it during their schooling to become a Physical Therapists. They have come to see the benefit of including massage with the standard chest physical therapy.

I had a baby a year ago and had very low oxygen afterwords. I have been fighting trying to get off oxygen this past year. I am nearly there. Everytime I go in the hospital it will get better but it has been hard to maintain that. I have been exercising 6 times a day and doing 4 treatments a day with airway clearance. I really do think this has helped.

anonymous

you can get a blood test taken from the atery. it tells wat gases and stuff is in the blood. does anyone know about this. they do it on me when my o2 is low

JazzysMom

I have had the "blood gas" test done. It is taken out of the tiniest artery in your wrist usually. I remember it being quite painful. I havent had it done in years. This past admission they talked about it because during a time when my O2 was low, I was having terrible headaches which is a possible sign that the Carbon Dioxide is getting to high in your system. Luckily it passed by working on getting more air out during treatments.