809 Trial

I want to join this clinical trial so bad!!! Problem is, the nearest place I could test is a little over 4 hours. I'm a full time worker and can't leave work to live there...I was wondering what all was involved in these trials? I emailed UAB (the nearest one) to ask this question but no one ever responded to me.
I'm just curious.
Thanks!

****I just called UAB and this one is now closed nationwide. I was a little bummed, but this means we're that much closer to being able to get this medicine!!!******

I want to join this clinical trial so bad!!! Problem is, the nearest place I could test is a little over 4 hours. I'm a full time worker and can't leave work to live there...I was wondering what all was involved in these trials? I emailed UAB (the nearest one) to ask this question but no one ever responded to me.
I'm just curious.
Thanks!

****I just called UAB and this one is now closed nationwide. I was a little bummed, but this means we're that much closer to being able to get this medicine!!!******

chroma7

My son is in the 809/770 cohort 2 trial. I travel (drive) 500 miles one way to the center. First 3 times are 1 day. We get there the day before, then leave between 12 and 3pm from an 8am appointment. 1st visit is paperwork, blood,sweat and no drug. 2nd visit is the same before and after you start the 809/placebo. 3rd visit is more blood and sweat and more 809. That's a total of 4 weeks on 809/placebo. The 4th visit will be a two day. That is when you start the 707 with the 809. This is where we are. I drive up on a Sunday. They give us appointments on a Monday. I go to work on Tuesday. This is the way its done so far. My son is a double delta and hes 20. All Visits are 2 weeks apart. So far Ive missed 3 Mondays from work over 6 weeks. You will have to go a total of 4 more weeks on the 809/770 or placebo.

chroma7

My son is in the 809/770 cohort 2 trial. I travel (drive) 500 miles one way to the center. First 3 times are 1 day. We get there the day before, then leave between 12 and 3pm from an 8am appointment. 1st visit is paperwork, blood,sweat and no drug. 2nd visit is the same before and after you start the 809/placebo. 3rd visit is more blood and sweat and more 809. That's a total of 4 weeks on 809/placebo. The 4th visit will be a two day. That is when you start the 707 with the 809. This is where we are. I drive up on a Sunday. They give us appointments on a Monday. I go to work on Tuesday. This is the way its done so far. My son is a double delta and hes 20. All Visits are 2 weeks apart. So far Ive missed 3 Mondays from work over 6 weeks. You will have to go a total of 4 more weeks on the 809/770 or placebo.